B-26 ; Great Machine!

/ B-26 ; Great Machine! #1  

tandttravis

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B-26
New owner of the B-26 TLB, great machine, have about 10 hours on it moving snow, and have yet to be disapointed, a little pricey, but will pay for itself during the summer months on random projects, very happy:D

/ B-26 ; Great Machine! #2  
Thats great tandttravis. there awsome little machines.
i am thinking of getting it big brother the L39. people seem to be really happy with them. i drove one. and liked it very much.
congrats on your new bota....;)

Chris....:)

/ B-26 ; Great Machine! #3  
tandttravis said:
New owner of the B-26 TLB, great machine, have about 10 hours on it moving snow, and have yet to be disapointed, a little pricey, but will pay for itself during the summer months on random projects, very happy:D

We've had one since Jun of this year and size for size and pound for pound one can't beat it. BH digs fantastic and snow removal is going good for this guy even with a plow sticking out of the bucket. So far (No real wet snow) the unit does not push off to either side when pushing the white stuff. I have found a way to use the separate brakes with HST. Took practice using the toe on the brake and heel on the HST.
Wish you lots of luck with your new toy and enjoy sitting in that seat. :)
The Gotcha Man

/ B-26 ; Great Machine! #4  
I bought mine in mid Oct. Got about 13-14 hours on it.Seems to work real good so far,but then all i've done for the most part is move snow with it and
bury my daughters Mastiff.Huge dog.She misses him.
Anyway,I can't wait for the weather to change so i can really give it a test.

Question-Any of you fellow B26 owners have your rear tires loaded?Mine
seems to break traction real easy,but that may be because i'm used to my old tractor having its rears loaded.(B7610 w/fel & bh).
I should have had it done when it was bought but i figured it was a heavier machine so i did'nt need it.I was wrong.Anyway it does seem to work real good so far.,,,,,,,,,,,,Digger2

/ B-26 ; Great Machine! #5  
A real quick answer to your question regarding loading the rear tires on my B26. NO I have never even given it a thought. I have a good ballast and if I went in any direction I think I'd go with the chains as there is more than enough weight when the BH is on so winter would be the only time needed and like I said my 600# ballast box does it's job.:)
The Gothcha Man

/ B-26 ; Great Machine! #6  
Hey guys, I don’t have a B26 but have had a B21 for the last eight years. My experience was that loading the tires made a huge difference in stability on side slopes and also improved traction. I would recommend loading the tires but everyone’s needs are a little different. You might consider waiting until warmer weather and fill the tires with plain water to see how it works in your situation. A simple inexpensive valve would allow you to fill temporarily as an experiment.

MarkV

/ B-26 ; Great Machine! #7  
MarkV,
Great idea about waiting for warmer weather and trying plain water...
I think i'll try it,if it is'nt to my liking,i'll just drain them back out.
thanks,digger2

/ B-26 ; Great Machine! #8  
tandttravis said:

What are you guys paying for these? I made some inquiries last summer and was rather shocked at the prices quoted in New England. I ended up spending less on a 40hp TLB with 9ft BH. No doubt the B21/26s are excellent machines but the bang for the buck seems to make them most appropriate for true construction work or rental rather than homeowner use.

/ B-26 ; Great Machine! #9  
I had looked around for a while and found an 2004 b21 with only 149 hrs. I bought it for 18,200.