B 3030 loader control ?

/ B 3030 loader control ? #1  

lawn_king

Veteran Member
Tractor
kubota L 3540 hsdc,B 2320 hsdc & lots of other stuff!
Why are the new B 3030's coming from the factory with the loader joy stick mounted up on the valve manifold? I thought all the B's now had the joystick mounted at the end of the right armrest?

/ B 3030 loader control ? #2  
As far as I knew the cable operated joystick has always been special order and valve mounted joystick is standard?

/ B 3030 loader control ? #3  
The B3030, and B2630 are now the oldest tractors in that series. The newer B's, B2X20 series, the B3200, and B3300SU all do have the loader joystick by the seat. I expect that when the B3030 is upgraded, it too will be that way. My worry is that since they have made a simpler B3200 (the B3300SU) that the B3030 may go by the wayside just ast the B2410 did, and it had position control too...... Originally the B7800 came with no mid pto, and a fixed rops, but very few were ordered that way by dealers, or customers I think. I would rather see the nice things migrate down one size than have them disappear from the B's all together!!

/ B 3030 loader control ?
If they do phase out the 3030, i hope they have a factory cab replacement model with position control.

/ B 3030 loader control ? #5  
That's right, I doubt very much if they would drop the only cabbed tractor in that size range! Didn't think of that.

/ B 3030 loader control ? #6  
As far as I knew the cable operated joystick has always been special order and valve mounted joystick is standard?

Yep, my new 3030 has the valve mounted joystick as standard equipment, I have seen a couple guys on this site put the cable joystick on thier 3030's, it is the same setup used on the cabbed 3030's by Kubota, I am considering doing the same to my 3030 because it seems that the valve mounted joystick is a bit far away for comfortable long term operating.Does anyone know how dependable the cable setup is ?

/ B 3030 loader control ? #7  
Yep, my new 3030 has the valve mounted joystick as standard equipment, I have seen a couple guys on this site put the cable joystick on thier 3030's, it is the same setup used on the cabbed 3030's by Kubota, I am considering doing the same to my 3030 because it seems that the valve mounted joystick is a bit far away for comfortable long term operating.Does anyone know how dependable the cable setup is ?

I got the idea to do that from Lqpappy and he got the idea from I believe Bandit67 (?) who should be in a good position to comment on that question since he has had his for a while. Plus all the cabbed models that have a loader use that setup and they have been around for a while.

/ B 3030 loader control ? #8  
Mine came with the joystick next to the seat. The only issue is that the locking mechanism had to be adjusted to allow it to slide in and out. So far I really like it compared to my old 2710 with the joystick on the manifold, but I am only on day three of using it! My only wonder is what did it cost to upgrade? My tractor was ordered by someone and they backed out at the last minute and the dealer gave me the joystick upgrade and the larger HD bucket for no charge. They are a small dealership and didn't want the over head. It is hard to sell the cab model in our area.

/ B 3030 loader control ? #9  
Yikes, I've been away from my computer a lot this year. Lots of outside work time. Sorry for not responding way back in May.

I have over 250 hours on my B3030, and have not once had to adjust the fender mounted joystick cables once I got everything dialed in way back when I first got it, and the main reason for having to do that adjustment was after I re-routed the cables through the floor pan, like is on the cab version (didn't like the cables running outside the floor pan, as the installation instructions call for on the ROPS models) I drilled a hole, put in a rubber grommet, and ran the cables through, and have had no issues since doing that modification. 1st pic shows the modification, 2nd shows the location per the Kubota installation manual.

The optional fender mounted joystick is well worth the extra couple hundred dollars, and is nice when you're doing 6-8 hours straight of loader work.

Attachments

• 155_5517.JPG
    155_5517.JPG
    605.5 KB · Views: 746
  • 151_5130.jpg
    151_5130.jpg
    369.8 KB · Views: 369