B 7510 PTO issues / sound

/ B 7510 PTO issues / sound #1  

Firefighter Kubota

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota 7510
Hey gents, some thoughts?

Using my tractor for the first snow of the season...

rear mount snow blower 54" and tractor /PTO has more of a prop plane sound, vs the normal high pitch hydraulic pump sound. Only sounds like this when PTO engaged. fluid level is good... Tractor runs fine.... Its a heavy snow, but pto seems to not have the usual power, but that could be in my head.. when using the front plow/ bucket, everything is fine...

I've owned this tractor since new. 450hrs. nothing on set up is new, been running like this for years.

Thoughts?

TIA.

/ B 7510 PTO issues / sound #2  
How does the PTO sound with no attachment? It should be nearly silent; meaning there should be no noises as it rotates.

Under load it will make some gear noise, but that is normal.

/ B 7510 PTO issues / sound
How does the PTO sound with no attachment? It should be nearly silent; meaning there should be no noises as it rotates.

Under load it will make some gear noise, but that is normal.

Well, I have run this set up for years and this is not the Usual noise. but you encouraged me to pull the blower shaft... all quiet... I think i found the problem....DOH

gear oil.jpg

/ B 7510 PTO issues / sound #4  
Yep, that'll cause it.

Speaking of which, I need to change my blower gearbox oil in the spring. It still looked OK this fall, but it's the original.

Hopefully nothing got messed up in there.

No Bueno.... Drained the snot, flushed the box with brake clean, refilled, and ran it, drained and refiled and still noisy... My stupidity... I thought about checking it when I hooked it up.... Ordered a new one from Canada... $430 :( , about a week to the dealer and then he'll ship it to me... he's 2 hrs away... for now i'll use the plow and pray for no snow...

/ B 7510 PTO issues / sound #6  
That's too bad. At least you can get a replacement gearbox. Just hope there's no snow.

/ B 7510 PTO issues / sound #7  
Also check that any sheet metal around fan is free and clear.
Just a slight rub or "tick" might also sound like a prop. plane.
:2cents:

Thanks... No contact issues.... its the gear box...

It fought me the whole way.... The blower is a 2007 and probably the original box and impeller, and the impeller was seized to the shaft..

No amount of heat, penetrating oil, or heavy hammers was breaking it free from the shaft....

Had to dismember the old gearbox to make room / access the shaft, and then with a $15 carbide tip sawzall blade, cut the shaft to pull the impeller...

Then a 20T press to push the old shaft out...

Reassembly was pretty smooth. A few swears... every nicely coated with neversieze.

After looking at the old gears, I wasn't entirely convinced this was the problem, but after firing it up, she purred and no more "turbo prop sound" from the assembly...

1207191358_HDR.jpg1207191358.jpg

1212191303.jpg1212191303_HDR.jpg