B2150 got a grill guard

/ B2150 got a grill guard #1  

Scar0B2150

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B2150 HSD
Since I got my grapple I've had several close calls with branches that did not want to play nice. And 1 that remove a piece of the engine surround.
So, its grill guard time.
I made this from some things I had laying around, All but the expanded steel.
I cut and bent the pipe then welded the main frame together.
Guard 01.jpg

I added angle iron for more support in the mid section and did a test fit.
Guard 02.jpg

Expanded steel added and sand blasted.
Guard 03.jpg

Primed and painted with black epoxy.
Guard 04.jpg

Now the install. Had to remove the OME grill to gain access to tighten the 4 mounting bolts. It was nice there were only 2 nuts on top to remove it. It has pins at the bottom. The guard uses existing bolts and holes in the FEL mount bracket.
Guard 05.jpg

The lower bar of the guard sits in front of the tabs on the FEL frame tube that is mounted to the tractor for extra support from a front strike.
Guard 06.jpg

OEM grill back on. It's a tight fit but I can still get to the hood release latch. You can see in this Pic ( and one above) where the branch plucked off a piece of the engine surround.
Guard 07.jpg

And a couple pics of the final product.
Guard 09.jpg

Guard 08.jpg

/ B2150 got a grill guard #2  
VERY nice job. Much greater protection and it looks nice. You have some real skills there.

/ B2150 got a grill guard #3  
Nice work of art! (y) And I enjoyed the detailed photographs with explanations. There's a lot of pride showing too. :)

/ B2150 got a grill guard #5  
WOW fancy nice job. (y)

/ B2150 got a grill guard
Thanks everyone!
The process took several days, but I'm happy with the results so far.
Luck be with me, I will never need it.
I'll be heading up to the property soon to do more branch cleanup. Hopefully, I'll remember to get some Pics while I'm up there...