B2400 —a good buy?

/ B2400 —a good buy? #1  

blivy

Bronze Member
Tractor
1997 Gravely 564
Just saw this come up locally. I’ve been looking for a small kubota to help with my property.
I have about 5 acres and about a 1,000 foot gravel drive as well as a small saw mill.
ideally I’d have something with a belly mower, a fel, and a scrape blade. I really also want 4wd and HST.

I’ve been eyeing the older B7100 models for a while (mostly just love thelook and the fact they’d be small enough to fit in my small shed) but I haven’t been able to find a single one on my area that has fel. Called Koyker about getting an aftermarket fel. They were awesome to deal with but their quote came back at over $6k.

today this popped up. (See below)
It doesn’t have the belly mower or scrape blade, but those are easier to find around here.
Seller mentions issues with tires and a leak under the seat. I contacted him about that and he tells me that the leak is from a metal line but wasn’t sure what it was.
I’ve asked him to send me a pic to help verify but wanted to post here and see if:
1) y’all think this is a good deal?
2) you see anything in the ad ad limited info I so far have that raises BIG red flags?
3) recommendations as to what to inspect when I go and see the tractor in person.

this would be my first tractor and first diesel. I’m mechanically inclined (can rebuild gravely walk behinds, atvs, motorbikes) but am a hobbiest, no expert, and I know my limits.

Edit: just got pic of leaking line. Last pic here.
seller tells me he got tractor when he bought his house and has used it for about a year.

Attachments

• 04C07D46-8B6D-4409-B21C-B047A8D22400.png
    04C07D46-8B6D-4409-B21C-B047A8D22400.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 140
  • 0BD04859-A5F6-4233-9816-FA7F7BE90E64.png
    0BD04859-A5F6-4233-9816-FA7F7BE90E64.png
    165.8 KB · Views: 144
  • 43D58CBB-10F4-4531-BAF6-68C5BBAC8B1D.png
    43D58CBB-10F4-4531-BAF6-68C5BBAC8B1D.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 137
   / B2400 —a good buy? #2  
If it's in as good shape as it looks. $6k is a steal

Andy

/ B2400 —a good buy? #4  
$6K was the price from Koyker for the FEL. No price given for the B2400, which means

I don't see how we could possible answer the question "a good buy ?"

Looker can get a to behind finish mower for $600

/ B2400 —a good buy?
$6K was the price from Koyker for the FEL. No price given for the B2400, which means

I don't see how we could possible answer the question "a good buy ?"

Looker can get a to behind finish mower for $600
Sorry. I thought the pic of the ad had the price. It is for $6k as well. Top o my budget (truthfully a tad over) but looks like it could be a good deal.

/ B2400 —a good buy? #6  
blivy, my apologies. I had not opened the attachment. Once opened, there was the price.
Tractorhouse.com has 8 of these for sale, none priced as low (with FEL and bush hog). Go for it. Remember, it's not what you pay for a product, it the difference between
Paid price + Utility (to owner while owned) - sell price (when finished). You'll be in fine shape with the purchase.

/ B2400 —a good buy?
blivy, my apologies. I had not opened the attachment. Once opened, there was the price.
Tractorhouse.com has 8 of these for sale, none priced as low (with FEL and bush hog). Go for it. Remember, it's not what you pay for a product, it the difference between
Paid price + Utility (to owner while owned) - sell price (when finished). You'll be in fine shape with the purchase.
Thanks!

/ B2400 —a good buy?
Looks like a bidding war has ensued. Seller has raised price by a thousand. With my schedule I can’t be there until the weekend so unfortunately I’m guessing this is gone.
oh well, I’ll keep fingers crossed but I guess the search continues!

/ B2400 —a good buy? #9  
An associate of mine got into a bidding war on real estate. Bidders (2) went back and forth, raising the offered price. Eventually, my associate dropped out and allowed the other bidder to win. A couple of weeks later, the real estate agent came back, eating humble pie. The other bidder HAD NO MONEY. Agents now will frequently price a property below market, with hopes of attracting a lot of shoppers with an eventual bidders war breaking out.
It's worth the extra $1,000. Let's hope the other party doesn't have the money. Good luck to you.
Eric

/ B2400 —a good buy? #10  
Good second hand 4wd with loader hard to come by not unless one willing to give up arm and leg in my area,hope your still have chance at purchasing.