B2400 —a good buy?

/ B2400 —a good buy? #21  
Looks like you got a solid deal. Take the banjo fitting apart, make sure the mating surfaces are clean and smooth, same for the copper washers (replace if you can find some) and tighten up. No reason it should leak. The tire leak should be easy to find and get fixed.
If you can, hang on to the mower and rake, at least until you are sure they won't be useful. A decent 4' or 5' bush hog is worth easily $750 or so around here. Get a Kubota filter kit online, some Kubota Super UDT 2 and fresh engine oil, and you're good for another 500 hours of service. Remember, you'll be using this tractor for years, so don't let the money concern you too much.

/ B2400 —a good buy?
Looks like you got a solid deal. Take the banjo fitting apart, make sure the mating surfaces are clean and smooth, same for the copper washers (replace if you can find some) and tighten up. No reason it should leak. The tire leak should be easy to find and get fixed.
If you can, hang on to the mower and rake, at least until you are sure they won't be useful. A decent 4' or 5' bush hog is worth easily $750 or so around here. Get a Kubota filter kit online, some Kubota Super UDT 2 and fresh engine oil, and you're good for another 500 hours of service. Remember, you'll be using this tractor for years, so don't let the money concern you too much.
Thanks Varmint!
Yep--I've decided to hold onto them (unless financed dictate otherwise). It's money spent now and I'm sure it will come in handy.
I'm gonna try my rake on the gravel drive. I know it's not as good as a scraper blade, but i want to give it a shot.

I've set up a thread in the kubota forum that will hopefully detail all the repairs and changes I'm going to make.
Thanks much!
b