Grading B2400 Box Blade size

/ B2400 Box Blade size #1  

Behrend II

Bronze Member
Tractor
LS XG3140H
Hello,

Can my B2400 handle a 6' box blade? It seems like it might be a little too much for it.

Tom

/ B2400 Box Blade size #2  
Behrend II said:
Hello,

Can my B2400 handle a 6' box blade? It seems like it might be a little too much for it.

Tom

I agree 6 ft is too much. I pull a 5 footer (Woods GB60) with a B7610 which I believe is very close to the B2400 in physical size weight and HP (both engine and PTO). I wouldn't want to go anymore than 5 foot with my tractor.

/ B2400 Box Blade size #3  
I agree. I pull a 5' King Kutter box blade with my B7610 (which is very close to the B2400 in all aspects) and the 5 footer is all the tractor wants. In my opinion, a 6' box blade is a bit too much for the B2400.

/ B2400 Box Blade size #4  
I have a BX2000 with turf's and bought a heavy 4' Box Blade for it and it spins out in the sand.

I also have a 5' woods blade and it works fine.

With the grader box I still have plenty of power but I just spin tires when I get any load in it.

I know you have sand up North where you are. Didn't you guys invent it?

What was the Character's name in the movie? Jimmer from Menomenee?

/ B2400 Box Blade size
Thanks a lot for the info. guys, it reaffirms what I already thought. I just saw a really good deal on a six footer so I thought I'd check. As a side note - I live outside of Menomonie, WI (between Eau Claire and Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN in far Western WI). Menominee, MI is where the movie character is from. Most people outside the midwest think it's all the same anyway!

/ B2400 Box Blade size
Hey Peter,

I noticed that you have a box blade and a rear blade. I already have a rear blade and was thinking of selling it when I get my box blade. Would it be worth keeping both, and if so, what do you use them both for.

Tom

/ B2400 Box Blade size #7  
Behrend II said:
Hey Peter,

I noticed that you have a box blade and a rear blade. I already have a rear blade and was thinking of selling it when I get my box blade. Would it be worth keeping both, and if so, what do you use them both for.

Tom

I use the box blade for ground engaging tasks, i.e. grading, leveling, backfilling, etc.

I pretty much only use the rear blade for snow removal. I was looking for one and I saw it on Craigslist and jumped on it right away. It is only about 3 yrs old and the guy was selling it for $225 while my dealer wanted $550 for a new one (same model). I could probably run a 6 foot blade for snow removal, but the price was so good I couldn稚 turn it down and 5 foot also is a good size for my walkway ( 6 foot, I壇 be onto the lawn).

/ B2400 Box Blade size #8  
I have a King Kutter 5ft box blade for my B2400 and it handles it just fine. If your pulling full box and/ or using rippers set deep you'll have to use low range but it will usually run out of traction before it runs out of power. Keep your straight blade for snow. I use a 6ft straight blade for snow and will use it angled to pull rock from edge of drive back to center.