B26 locking front differential-yes or no

/ B26 locking front differential-yes or no
O.K.,this info came from brochure#4191-01-US,'06 Sept.
I am begining to think it is a typo,but if thats the case,why even mention
it if its supposed to say"rear" differential.
Locking rear diffs. are pretty standard on Kubotas,arent they?
digger2

/ B26 locking front differential-yes or no #22  
N80 said:
I use my diff lock and 4wd all the time! It is a real lifesaver. There are plenty of times, in my usage, where one front and one rear break loose. Engaging the diff lock gives you that all important 3wd and usually puts the traction where it is needed most. For the types of things I do I would LOVE a front diff lock!
EXACTLY. I've been in the same situation/done the same thing. But I have to say, given a rear locking diff, a front one is kindof a moot point. Especially on the smaller tractors, one little front tire with traction won't make up for three without it.

/ B26 locking front differential-yes or no #23  
I put about 3 hours on a new B26 today and I couldn't find a front diff lock on it.

/ B26 locking front differential-yes or no #24  
8226hamer said:
I put about 3 hours on a new B26 today and I couldn't find a front diff lock on it.

WHAT???? Are you the first at TBN with a B26? Talk to me, talk to us. Pictures, likes, wish list, dislikes. Oh yeah you only have 3 hours on it. ;)

/ B26 locking front differential-yes or no #25  
No, Gotcha is the first TBN'er to own a new B26.

/ B26 locking front differential-yes or no #26  
Kubota would have to be nuts to put a locker in the front axle. They would be replacing parts under warranty to beat the band!
When the front wheels are turned, the inner and outer wheels travel vastly different distances. Enough weight on the front wheels, and something WILL give!
In the rear, the problem is much less severe, but wheels will still "hop" to equalize. The rear can also be made much more stout than the front. Limited slip is possible, but would require a central differential of a size that would reduce ground clearance..

/ B26 locking front differential-yes or no #27  
I am just as anxious to read about your initial impressions of your B26 as well as the type of projects you plan to tackle with it.

Thanks,
The Gardener

/ B26 locking front differential-yes or no #28  
BlacknTan said:
Kubota would have to be nuts to put a locker in the front axle. They would be replacing parts under warranty to beat the band!
When the front wheels are turned, the inner and outer wheels travel vastly different distances. Enough weight on the front wheels, and something WILL give!
In the rear, the problem is much less severe, but wheels will still "hop" to equalize. The rear can also be made much more stout than the front. Limited slip is possible, but would require a central differential of a size that would reduce ground clearance..
I have a Yamaha Rhino 660 4 X 4 side by side utility vehicle that has a locking front end and I'll tell ya this, the only place I would ever drive it is in a straight line. It is next to impossible to turn the stinker. I believe it would only be good for getting unstuck in the woods and even then I think I would use the standard 4 X 4 and the winch. The rear end is always locked and aerates the **** out of a lawn. :)
The Gotcha Man

/ B26 locking front differential-yes or no #29  
bandit67 said:
No, Gotcha is the first TBN'er to own a new B26.
Do you mean I beat or won something for the first time in my 67 years???? What a great feeling. I might just go out and crack open a can of soda pop, tonic or what ever you all call the sweet bubbly stuff. :)
The Gotcha Man

/ B26 locking front differential-yes or no #30  
gotcha said:
Do you mean I beat or won something for the first time in my 67 years???? What a great feeling. I might just go out and crack open a can of soda pop, tonic or what ever you all call the sweet bubbly stuff. :)
The Gotcha Man

Well c'mon, talk to me, give us the low down. Like, dislike, indifferent? Please don't say, "its done all I ever asked of it" For some reason that phrase is used around here so much and I feel like responding, "you aren't asking enough" :cool: