B2630/3030 Steering wheel vibration.

/ B2630/3030 Steering wheel vibration. #1  

Ronster

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 2520, John Deere X739, Kubota U27-4, Kubota RTV 500
I almost signed on the dotted line line for a B3030, but backed off when I noticed how much the steering wheel (and deck) vibrated at all rpms. It's not nearly as smooth as the Case/NH , JD or MFs that I tried out. Was this machine a fluke or is this norm for the B series? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ B2630/3030 Steering wheel vibration. #2  
Something is wrong I'd say with the deck although we have seen no problems yet.

/ B2630/3030 Steering wheel vibration.
I should have been more specific, by DECK I mean the operator's floor board, not the mower deck. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ B2630/3030 Steering wheel vibration. #4  
There must be a problem somewhere. I have the 2630 and dont have no noticable vibrations.

I know there was a post by someone a few months ago that mentioned their steering vibrations on a new B3030, but I can't seem to find it. If anyone knows of this post , could they please foreward it to me. I'd like to ask the owner if it got better with time. Thanks.

/ B2630/3030 Steering wheel vibration. #6  
The post you're talking about is: B3030 and vibrations???? (sorry I don't know how to link a post)

I have a B3030 and I have vibrations. My dealer told me that this is normal, but I want to send a letter directly to Kubota to complain. IMHO this is not normal. I don't understand, there're 4 cylinders in a B3030 and it produces more vibration than a 3 cylinders. I sat on a L3130 (3 cyl.) and there's a huge difference. I had nearly no vibration at all on my former BX23 (3 cyl.) and now with 4 cyl. it's h_ll on earth (ok, not that much) but I'm very disappointed about that.

I hope Kubota is doing something about that.

Stef, thanks for the reply, that's the post I was looking for. I really would like the B3030 or B2630, they have so many good features, but I refuse to spend that kind of money for something that vibrates so bad. I found a MF 1528 that runs at 2500 RPM and is real smooth. For $200 the dealer will add the telescopic links and stabilizers. I'm waiting to see if Kubota has fixed this problem soon, or else I'll probably get the MF. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I just came back from the Kubota dealer. He had a B2630 and a B3030 and we ran both. They vibrate like they're gonna come undone. He said that the crated B7800 doesn't vibrate at all. How can they make a "deluxe" tractor that vibrates so bad? I'd really like to buy either one of these tractors, but the "bad vibs" are a deal killer. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Does anyone know a phone # for a Kubota tech rep?

/ B2630/3030 Steering wheel vibration. #9  
Ronster, keep me informed because on my side I try to get results but I'm getting nowhere so far. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

My dealer doesn't seem to be very cooperative. I think that he would like me to do all the work for him (call Kubota, complain, etc.)

/ B2630/3030 Steering wheel vibration. #10  
I was told I was crazy when I claimed mine vibrated at first "its a diesel they all vibrate" I was told.
I can honestly say that mine is a little better now that I have a few hours on it. It still doesn't have the smooth characteristics of the others I have owned and use. I have a Kubota ZD21 and it runs smooth as silk at higher Rpm's. My dealer is a great dealer for the most part and even put a call in to Kubota tech to try and find something out. As of now there is no feedback.
I still believe its an issue but I still really love my tractor otherwise and it performs very well.
The only problem I have had with mine is a busted tire on the rear that was my fault....Bamboo when cut short is like a big needle /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif. It took me 2 weeks and $300 get a new tire and rim through Kubota. No one else even stocked a tire they were on national back order from Goodyear. Kubota must have them all in thier warehouses. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Here is a link from the post on vibrations B3030 and Vibrations