B2800/B3400 vs. Bxxxx

/ B2800/B3400 vs. Bxxxx #1  

kuboman

Veteran Member
Tractor
B3200, L5740,
Just a question I have regarding the L series vs B series. What is the advantage of the L2800 over say the b3030/3200. HP is the same and so on. I have a 3200 and question why a L2800 would be of any advantage. I don't want to start an argument here just some input because I have looked at the L's and am torn as to which would be most useful.:D

/ B2800/B3400 vs. Bxxxx #2  
Weight. The L is heavier than the B. Also the sitting platform is larger. I had a B7500 and was gonna get a B3030 until I sat on the L2800, I was sold it was just more comfortable to me.

/ B2800/B3400 vs. Bxxxx #3  
Higher off the ground and weight. Weight is the good and bad. I went from a B7800 1700lbs 31HP to a L3240HST 3700LBs 32 HP. For me to have been happy with my trade I should have gone up at least 5 more HP with that additional weight. The higher seating also scared me on my hillside property. Also trailering the L was worse for me than moving the B's. I traded back to a B3200 within less than a year and 32 hours. The L3240HST was a fantastic tractor but I preferred the B to the L for my purposes. I've now gotten rid of the B so I have no dogs in this fight that's about to start so I'm just giving my opinion based on my needs and experience. If I was doing alot of FEL heavy moving or plowing flat fields or mowing flat fields all day I would probably pick the L but I wasn't. Bigger isn't better, it's just bigger and different.:)

/ B2800/B3400 vs. Bxxxx
I do a lot of loader work around buildings and trees and was wondering how the L would do. The dimensions are not allot different than my 3200 but until you have one on site to compare it is hard to know. I like the idea of a beefier tractor but don't want a bull in the china shop.

/ B2800/B3400 vs. Bxxxx #5  
I don't know if you are using three point hitch ballast but you could add that to help with finding the differences.
The added length for the size and the added weight for potential digging ability increase.

/ B2800/B3400 vs. Bxxxx #6  
Higher off the ground and weight. Weight is the good and bad. I went from a B7800 1700lbs 31HP to a L3240HST 3700LBs 32 HP. For me to have been happy with my trade I should have gone up at least 5 more HP with that additional weight. The higher seating also scared me on my hillside property. Also trailering the L was worse for me than moving the B's. I traded back to a B3200 within less than a year and 32 hours. The L3240HST was a fantastic tractor but I preferred the B to the L for my purposes. I've now gotten rid of the B so I have no dogs in this fight that's about to start so I'm just giving my opinion based on my needs and experience. If I was doing alot of FEL heavy moving or plowing flat fields or mowing flat fields all day I would probably pick the L but I wasn't. Bigger isn't better, it's just bigger and different.:)
Bigger is bulker and blundresom also .

/ B2800/B3400 vs. Bxxxx #7  
My L3400 works great for loader work around our small farm an is much more stable and has 2 to 3 times the power to move dirt and manure than my old B7610 had. Both good tractors but the L3400 works better for the work I do.