B2920 suitcase weights

/ B2920 suitcase weights #1  

Tractorrr

Gold Member
Tractor
kubota bx 2370-1
I would like to get some suitcase weights for the B2920. The front of the tractor comes with the loader bracket. Can you attach the weights directly to this or is there another bracket you have to buy to attach them too? Wasn't able to take pictures at this time to show the loader bracket

/ B2920 suitcase weights #2  
I believe there is another bracket that is needed for front weights. What do you have on the back that you need front weights in addition to the loader?

/ B2920 suitcase weights
That's the thing is I don't have the loader. When I have put a 4 ft. bush hog on the back the front seems a little light . I may also eventually get a tiller or box blade and was thinking a the weights might help.

/ B2920 suitcase weights #5  
Made my own for B2320. Sakrete, bent rebar and something to hold Sakrete till it hardens. Can also use weights from weight lifting bars, Thrift stores and yard sales have them cheap.
DSCF1120.jpgDSCF1124.jpg

/ B2920 suitcase weights
This is an old thread but I went to the dealer and they said you don't need an additional bracket for suitcase weights. Unfortunately I think they gave me the wrong bolts for connecting the suitcase weights. The bolts won't fit through the loader bracket, the bolts diameter is just too big. I may go back and see if they have the correct bolts.

There is also a bracket that the front part of the MMM attaches to that is going to be in the way if you want to attach all 3 of the suicase weights. So, looks like you can only attach one suicase weight unless you take that MMM bracket off.

Thought it would be easier to put on some front suitcase weights.

/ B2920 suitcase weights
So turns out you do have to buy another bracket on the B series tractor if you want to use the Kubota suitcase weights. Finally got it figured out ha. I guess it is uncommon to use these suitcase weights and most people will use the loader for front ballast.

/ B2920 suitcase weights #8  
So turns out you do have to buy another bracket on the B series tractor if you want to use the Kubota suitcase weights. Finally got it figured out ha. I guess it is uncommon to use these suitcase weights and most people will use the loader for front ballast.

No, not the case at all. See attached photos. The B2920 photo (having the loader up high in the photo) has a part of the frame that is about 4 or 5" high, a foot or so wide, and flat facing forward. The B2150 photo shows a very similar part of the frame, also flat and also facing forward, with various bolt holes, etc. I have 2 of the B2150s and have a set of Kubota suitcase weights that simply hook onto that flat forward facing part of the frame. Each one is 55 lbs and I have 3 that fit on at the same time.

I can't see any reason why your B2920 would not accept the same suitcase weights as-is with no adapters or brackets. If you have trouble finding Kubota weights take a look at Suitcase Weights - Lonestar Weights Also I see quite afew being offered on E-Bay. There are no doubt many sources and you probably don't care if they are orange ...Essentially all of them are designed to just "hook over" a flat front facing steel plate, in your case part of the frame of the tractor. You could probably bolt on a 1/2 inch thick steel plate (that would be a lot wider than your existing frame member) and put on several more weights if you felt you needed them.

Attachments

• B2920.jpg
    B2920.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 747
  • P1230229crop.jpg
    P1230229crop.jpg
    529.4 KB · Views: 1,243
   / B2920 suitcase weights
No, not the case at all. See attached photos. The B2920 photo (having the loader up high in the photo) has a part of the frame that is about 4 or 5" high, a foot or so wide, and flat facing forward. The B2150 photo shows a very similar part of the frame, also flat and also facing forward, with various bolt holes, etc. I have 2 of the B2150s and have a set of Kubota suitcase weights that simply hook onto that flat forward facing part of the frame. Each one is 55 lbs and I have 3 that fit on at the same time.

I can't see any reason why your B2920 would not accept the same suitcase weights as-is with no adapters or brackets. If you have trouble finding Kubota weights take a look at Suitcase Weights - Lonestar Weights Also I see quite afew being offered on E-Bay. There are no doubt many sources and you probably don't care if they are orange ...Essentially all of them are designed to just "hook over" a flat front facing steel plate, in your case part of the frame of the tractor. You could probably bolt on a 1/2 inch thick steel plate (that would be a lot wider than your existing frame member) and put on several more weights if you felt you needed them.

I could hang the weights on the front. I ran into problems when trying to secure them to the frame using the bolts that came with the weights.

I think if you tried to put the suitcase weights on the B2920 you would understand the problems that I ran into. If you don't have a MMM at least you wouldn't run into that problem.

The suitcase weight bolts fit through the additional bracket just fine but not the frame.

Granted, I did consider drilling out the holes so the bolts would fit or using smaller bolts that fit through the holes. I didn't want to drill into the frame. I didn't want to change the bolts that secure the weights as the bolts that Kubota supplies are good for securing the weights.

Basically, Kubota does make an additional bracket designed to accept suitcase weight so I just bought it for simplicity.

Last edited:
   / B2920 suitcase weights #10  
Understand. However, I have never bolted mine on. They sit there very solidly via gravity. Whatever works best for you of course.