B3030 Stalling Problem Solved

/ B3030 Stalling Problem Solved #1  

johnswohio

Tractor
Kubota B3030
for the past six months I have had a problem with my Kubota B3030 stalling. The problem started with the tractor randomly stalling maybe once every week or two and got progressively worse. When the tractor stalled it would always re-start right away and would operate normally. Recently the problem occurred all the time and made using the tractor impossible.
I tried changing the air filter, fuel filter, purchasing fuel from a different gas station, checking the fuel tank, fuel lines, lift pump, etc. and nothing fixed the problem, so I contacted the dealer to have them repair the tractor.
The day the dealer came to pickup the tractor, I had to restart the tractor 4 to 5 times just to get it out of the garage and it wanted to stall if you tried to move the tractor forward. The tractor would sit and idle fine but would stall if you tried to move forward or put the tractor under load.
When the dealer arrived we discovered you could operate the tractor in reverse but would stall if you tried to move forward.
The next day I received a call from the dealer informing me they had found the problem. The culprit was a defective seat safety switch!!!
I found it hard to believe that the problem was caused by a bad seat switch, but the tractor is working just fine and did a good job clearing the Christmas snowfall from our driveway.
I hope this information helps anyone else who experiences this type of problem.

John

/ B3030 Stalling Problem Solved #2  
Excellent thread and post!!!! There have been dozens of threads involving seat switches. Only thing odd about yours is it would go in reverse. Had never heard of that before.

Thank you very much for posting this!!!

/ B3030 Stalling Problem Solved #3  
I had the same problem on my l3901 did you look at the switch at all before they took it mine got real hot and showed signs of the plastic deforming

/ B3030 Stalling Problem Solved #4  
I had the same problem on my l3901 did you look at the switch at all before they took it mine got real hot and showed signs of the plastic deforming
I've never heard of that before. What would have caused that you think?

/ B3030 Stalling Problem Solved #5  
I've never heard of that before. What would have caused that you think?

It was probably low bid cheap parts. I only had 26ish hours when it went bad. Called on Saturday at closing looking for the switch to replace myself, and was told not to worry they would be out Monday to fix it. The service truck was in my driveway at 7:30 Monday morning.

/ B3030 Stalling Problem Solved #6  
What caused it?? Could be as simple as typically when you back up you shift around in the seat. Could have put a different pressure on the switch. We will probably never know for sure.

Doug in SW IA

/ B3030 Stalling Problem Solved #7  
It was probably low bid cheap parts. I only had 26ish hours when it went bad. Called on Saturday at closing looking for the switch to replace myself, and was told not to worry they would be out Monday to fix it. The service truck was in my driveway at 7:30 Monday morning.

Here's a cheer for dealerships that have a service truck. We've had two dealers now with fully equipped service trucks and each manned by a master mechanic.
That is the classy way to go.
Hip, hip...
rScotty

BTW, nice thread.