B3030 with 72" mower and industrial tires

/ B3030 with 72" mower and industrial tires #1  

subzero

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L2800 HST
is this a good set up.. reply if you are using this set-up..what about the castor wheels on the mower, are they they svivel type with air in the them..

/ B3030 with 72" mower and industrial tires #2  
I'm looking at the same setup...hope we get some replies.

/ B3030 with 72" mower and industrial tires #3  
what do you want to know?

I have a 72" belly deck on my TC33.

Takes surpriseing amount of power to run the 72" deck. mine is side discharge so that may have something to do with it. takes a lot to move all that grass to one side.

NO issues with mine, i like my swivel castor wheels. dont see how the bota guys manage with fixed rounded off versions they have.

/ B3030 with 72" mower and industrial tires #4  
Are you looking for a Mid Mount Mower (MMM) or Rear Mount Mower (RMM). Cannot help with tires I have turf tires. Tires on a Kubota MMM are solid.
You may get better resposes on the Kubota Owning Operating forum.

Last edited:
   / B3030 with 72" mower and industrial tires
I seen one Kubota MMM with swivel front tires and solid on back, what do you have SCHMISM... will any other MMM's fit kubota other then kubota's???

/ B3030 with 72" mower and industrial tires #6  
I've got a B7800 with the 72" mid mount mower so pretty close. I'm happy with it. My deck is drive over, which makes mounting/removal easy. It's got swivel solid rubber casters on all 4 corners and antiscalp rollers in the center front and rear. It does a great job, not the excellent cut the 72" Exmark ZTR I had previously, but I don't own a golf course either. That big wide deck covers some ground, but if it's not all flat you may have to make a few passes to get things mowed evenly and follow ground contours through a drainage swale without scalping. On this size tractor I wouldn't want a deck any smaller as the width clears the tires better making trimming nearer to things easier because of the deck stick out.

If your dealer is decent he should let you test drive and get a feel for it.

/ B3030 with 72" mower and industrial tires #7  
subzero said:
is this a good set up.. reply if you are using this set-up..what about the castor wheels on the mower, are they they svivel type with air in the them..
I have a B3030 with the 72" MMM and R4 tires. Swivel wheels all four corners and it is a very good cutting mower. I have never had any problems with power running the 72" mower.The swivel wheels are solid rubber.

/ B3030 with 72" mower and industrial tires #8  
Barnboy, I'm thinking about putting turf tires on my soon to be ordered B3030. I was concerned the R4's might make ruts when mowing the sod around the house. The other 5 acres is hard pan. Do you ever have a problem with the lawn and R4's?

/ B3030 with 72" mower and industrial tires #9  
If your primary use is mowing i would purchase the turf tires. If the ground is soft the R4's will leave tracks. Now i keep a nice yard and i dont have any complaints with the R4 tires. The only time i have problems are early spring and the first day or 2 after a heavy rain. My dealer talked me into the R4 tires and now i wouldnt have anything else. They are a good compromise between AG and turf. The R4 has a heavy sidewall which is great for loader work.