B3200 Hydraulics question

/ B3200 Hydraulics question #1  

frogfish

Silver Member
Tractor
JD X300
I recently bought a Kubota snowblower (used) for my B3200. I installed the blower and discovered I had no place to hold the handle for the chute, so I decided to install a hydraulic motor to rotate the chute. Kubota wants about $900 for their kit, I decided to buy the pieces separate and put this together myself (saved $500), the idea came from a tread here on TBN!

So here's my question, When I first installed the blower I hooked the hydraulics up to lift and lower the blower like my FEL, pull back on the stick and push the stick forward to lift and lower. When I hooked the motor to rotate the chute I connected it to the other circuit, but I could only get the motor to spin one direction. I thought maybe I bought the wrong motor and it only rotated in on direction, but after calling the company they said no it was bidirectional. I hooked the motor up to the 1st circuit (lift/lower) and to my surprise it worked fine. I hooked the lift/lower lines up to the 2nd circuit and that works. So now I have to move the stick left/right to lift or lower the blower and pull back or push forward to rotate the chute.

Why won't the motor work both directions on the 2nd circuit but works fine on the 1st circuit. So in the picture the motor is connected to the white and yellow line and the blower (lift/lower) is connected to the red and blue and everything works but not in a manner that is very intuitive for using the joystick.

Thanks, wayne

photo.JPG

/ B3200 Hydraulics question #2  
You maybe using regen, and I believe one of the work ports is closed off in regen.

Do you have two position on the curl that the bucket moves fast and if the lever is fully engaged, the bucket operation slows down,

/ B3200 Hydraulics question #3  
BEEN AROUND KUBOTAS FOR A TIME NOW . WAS YOUR COUPLER FULLY CONNECTED . HAD THIS HAPPEN BEFORE ..WORK ONE WAY NOT THE OTHER .. .THE WAY YOUR RUNNING THAT WOULD GET ME ALL MESSED UP LOL . BUT THEN IT DONT TAKE MUCH LOL :confused2:

/ B3200 Hydraulics question
You maybe using regen, and I believe one of the work ports is closed off in regen.

Do you have two position on the curl that the bucket moves fast and if the lever is fully engaged, the bucket operation slows down,

It looks like I do have regen, but I'm not sure I know what that means. When I had the motor connected on that circuit I could get the motor to turn when I moved the joystick to the right but when I moved it left it would not work. I switched the hoses and had the same results, motor would turn when stick moved to right but not the left. Why does the blower behave differently on the same circuit? Is the hydraulic cylinder that much different from the motor?

Thanks, wayne

regen.jpg

/ B3200 Hydraulics question #5  
Yes, as I explained before, a hyd motor needs two ports to allow the fluid to flow into and out the motor.

If you use the regen, you block one of the work ports, allowing pump fluid and cyl fluid to combine and fill the cyl faster.

Try pushing the valve curl lever fully quickly past the regen mode and you should have two way flow.

Some valves have the regen in the first part of the lever operation, and others have regen in the far right most position.

/ B3200 Hydraulics question
Yes, as I explained before, a hyd motor needs two ports to allow the fluid to flow into and out the motor.

If you use the regen, you block one of the work ports, allowing pump fluid and cyl fluid to combine and fill the cyl faster.

Try pushing the valve curl lever fully quickly past the regen mode and you should have two way flow.

Some valves have the regen in the first part of the lever operation, and others have regen in the far right most position.

J.J.

That's what I don't understand, if I move the lever to the right the motor works fine, if I move the lever to the left, nothing happens.

Thanks for the info, wayne

/ B3200 Hydraulics question #7  
If you have regen, it is in the curl dump part of the valve.

If you use the slow dump, you should have motor travel.

If the lever goes into regen/fast dump the motor will never start if it is a Kubota valve. The regen is in the first part of a Kubota valve. If you move the lever further to the end of lever travel, you should be able to control the motor.

You have to go past the regen.

The regen in a JD valve is at the max lever position.

This valve is like a JD valve and most after market valves.

Scroll down until you see the valve lever setup.

I can't find a Kubota setup.

http://www.northerntool.com/images/downloads/manuals/20116.pdf