Comparison B3200 or L3200

/ B3200 or L3200 #1  

Tundra

Tractor
Mitsubishi mt250d
I'm having a hard time deciding on a new tractor. (size and brand) What I would like is a tractor that compares to my current Mitsubishi MT250D. It weighs around 2000# and has a 5' FEL. I have 20 acres where I live which I'm always moving dirt, getting firewood, and mowing 3 acres of grass. I also have 100 acres 10 miles away that I am improving for hunting and outdoor recreation. This includes pushing brush, creating foodplots, planting trees, ect... The land has some flat and some fairly steep slopes (250D makes me nervous). I would like to get FEL, BH, Bhog, and either MMM or 3pt FM. After I decide on size, then I think it's either Kubota or Mahindra. Also, my trailer is licenced for 5000#, so would it haul the "L" with implements or do I have to replace it too? Thanks in advance.

/ B3200 or L3200 #2  
I'd spring for the L myself, a few nice features Like position control and tilt wheel.... As for your trailer. I'm afraid I've got bad news. 5000 lbs isn't enough to carry either tractor with loaded tires, FEL, and an attachment on the 3pt. (likely that 5000 lbs rating doesn't include the weight if the trailer itself)

Any chance your Kubota dealer sells trailers too? I'd try and work a package deal. My dealer sells more trailers than tractors I think.

Last bit of advice. I'd stick with a rfm, taking the mid mount mowers off is a chore compared to just unhooking the rear mower.

/ B3200 or L3200 #3  
The B3200 with a loader and backhoe is going to weigh right at 4000lbs. My guess is your trailer is rated to haul 3000-3500lbs load capacity, so you'd be over by a bit but might get away with it. The L3200 is going to be even heavier yet, around 5000lbs with loader/hoe, so that is way too much.

With that said, either would work fine, but the L3200 will be better at heavy loader work (due to the extra weight). Both use the same BH so not much difference there performance wise. The B3200 does have a more integrated mount for the BH with a swivel seat though. Power wise they are pretty close, both would be suitable for a 5' bush hog and 5-6' finish mower. I agree with not getting a MMM if you will be using the tractor for many other tasks than mowing. Bottom line is they are close in performance, with a slight edge to the L, but try them both and see how you like them.

/ B3200 or L3200 #4  
The L is more tractor than the B. Bigger and heavier.

The B is probabally closer to the size you have now.

You really need to go test the two out see which would be the best fit for you based on what you currently have. And Test out the 3PH on the L. They are known to be jerky when trying to lift an implement slowly. You may be fine with it, or it may be a deal breaker

As to the trailer.......you say it "is licensed for 5000lbs"

Does that mean you can haul 5k, or is that the GVWR????

The L with loader and BH is going to be right at 5k I would guess. So if your trailer can haul 5k, then you are good. If your trailer is a 5k GVWR, I am afraid you may need to step up to a 7k trailer.

Mahindras are typically heavier than the kubotas, so keep that in mind when deciding. Heavier can be good or bad, just depends on what you want.

/ B3200 or L3200
The trailer is 5000 GVWR. Also, I was wondering if there are any "special" features between the two tractors that you guys think are important. I've read about remote or extra hydraulics? Not sure what that is for.

/ B3200 or L3200 #6  
I'm having a hard time deciding on a new tractor. (size and brand) What I would like is a tractor that compares to my current Mitsubishi MT250D. It weighs around 2000# and has a 5' FEL. I have 20 acres where I live which I'm always moving dirt, getting firewood, and mowing 3 acres of grass. I also have 100 acres 10 miles away that I am improving for hunting and outdoor recreation. This includes pushing brush, creating foodplots, planting trees, ect... The land has some flat and some fairly steep slopes (250D makes me nervous). I would like to get FEL, BH, Bhog, and either MMM or 3pt FM. After I decide on size, then I think it's either Kubota or Mahindra. Also, my trailer is licenced for 5000#, so would it haul the "L" with implements or do I have to replace it too? Thanks in advance.

i was faced with a simular decision you have now. looked at both models. i do everything you mentioned you want to do with my b7800 (very simular to b3200, i am looking at getting a b3300). for your decision making purposes, i also live in pa and operate mine on very steep slopes (you have to be careful) and i do tons of firewood winching/skidding, bush hog many acres, move tons of dirt/stone, and plow many dirveways each winter (small side business). i trailer mine to different firewood/mowing sites with my 7000lb rated tandem axel trailer. with implements on too. tows pretty good. the L would be pushing it, and defintly pushing it on your 5000lb rated trailer. the weight between the two= b3200=2600lb with fel and loaded tires. L3200 around 3200lbs-3700lbs with fel and loaded tires. the b has a 1/4" 3ph valve=silky smooth, but will very slowly leak down over 20 minutes or so (not bad, but for some can get annoying), the L has poistion control 3ph which maintains height while operating, but i have heard the XX00 series can be jerky at times. the b has a mid pto, the L will not. the b has a 4 cylinder engine, the L has a 3 cylinder engine. these are the major differences that come to my mind at this time.

mahindra makes good tractors, but are heavier in weight. i get along fine with my b7800 (2600lbs with fel/loaded tires) with what i do. i have also pushed brush/piled and poped out small shrubs/thorn trees (up to around 4"diameter trunk) the L would push/pull more just because of its extra weight. but might not work as well lawn mowing and such. like i say i do get along with my b , and yes there is times i could have used a heavier tractor to pull more, but that is not too often compared to the times i like the lighter weight with what i do. lots of times it is more technique then brute force.

i have not run a back hoe on mine, but from my experience with kubota small mini exevators, and watching my friend on his bx series back hoe, i do not think you will have any problems digging with either the b series back hoe or the L series.

LD1 is right. both will work for you, but you should test them all out and see what one you like best with what you have to work with.

as for the mmm or rear finish mower, in your case, i would go with the rear finish mower. easier maintenance (can lift up on 3ph to get to work on, be sure to safty prop it up) and it is easier to take on/off. and if you don't see a need for the mid pto (mmm or front snow blower) then i would look at a b3300su. same tractor as b3200 but no mid pto (saves you around $1,000) and can be fitted with the larger r-4 industrial tires that will gain you about 200 lbs over the b3200 if you fluid fill them. and which ever tractor you do get, i suggest you get the tires loaded.

as for the remotes, i believe they do not come standard on either tractor, but can be added for between $600-$1000. they are for running implements that require hydraulic fluid to run (ex: wood splitter, tilt blades on 3ph back blades, and such). could potentially do the same things off your loader valve, but would have to disconnect the hoses off loader or take loader off. depending on how much you see a need for this, they can be a good idea. also they can be added at any time later on if you feel the need for them. good luck and enjoy shopping around.

/ B3200 or L3200 #7  
Had a B7800 MMM with rear finish mower for 3 years which I traded to a L3240HST+ for a few months which I traded to a B3200. My property is on a hillside and the L was to scary for me sitting so high off the ground. Every time one wheel would go over a limb or rock or one wheel go in a hole I felt like I was turning over. Just my experience. L was almost twice as heavy as the Bs and I disliked trailering it and knew for sure it waas back there. Have a dual axle 3500lbs per axle trailer and I think I was stretching my limits with the L3240 FEL and trailer weight.

/ B3200 or L3200 #8  
I would recommend you getting the lowest m-series tractor. Save you a lot of time!

/ B3200 or L3200
Namesway, what do you mean by "the b has a 1/4" 3ph valve=silky smooth, but will very slowly leak "? Also, if I would go with a rear mower, does anyone know if removing the backhoe is as easy as the dealer said when I talked to him over the phone? IS there any other differences with the B3300su cause for $1000 it sounds like a good deal.
I know exactly what you're talking about working on a hillside. I feel I sit up high on my tractor and the slope is old strip mined land that has hidden rocks and holes everywhere. I can only run up and down. Sideways just doesn't feel right although I may not even be close to tipping.
Thanks for everything so far.

/ B3200 or L3200 #10  
Namesway, what do you mean by "the b has a 1/4" 3ph valve=silky smooth, but will very slowly leak "? Also, if I would go with a rear mower, does anyone know if removing the backhoe is as easy as the dealer said when I talked to him over the phone? IS there any other differences with the B3300su cause for $1000 it sounds like a good deal.
I know exactly what you're talking about working on a hillside. I feel I sit up high on my tractor and the slope is old strip mined land that has hidden rocks and holes everywhere. I can only run up and down. Sideways just doesn't feel right although I may not even be close to tipping.
Thanks for everything so far.

I doubt there is any height difference between the B3300 with the big tires and the L. I think in the end you would be better off with the L just because it is more machine. Then of course the B has a flatter platform which is why I kept my B3200 instead of going to the L3200/3800.:thumbsup::D