B3300SU with PB BH and rear remotes?

/ B3300SU with PB BH and rear remotes? #1  

CDN Farm Boy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3300SU
I have a Kubota B3300SU with 504 FEL and BH77 backhoe running off the PB port from the loader. I want to add at least 4 sets of remotes, 5 would be better. I'd like 2 pair run to the loader - grapple or snow plow and hydraulic QA bucket. The other 3 would be used for hydraulic thumb when the BH is mounted or anything I felt like without the BH (toplink, snow blower chute rotation and deflector for starters)

Can I simply mount an open center valve block (to control the additional QDs) in-line in the PB loop, and have it work with or without the BH attached, without causing any long-term issues?

If I could find a decent weather-proof joystick with dual momentary switch capabilities, I'd consider diverter valves off the bucket curl for the front 2 pair.
Anyone got a link for one?

Thanks

/ B3300SU with PB BH and rear remotes?
65 views and no response? Anyone care to share an opinion?

/ B3300SU with PB BH and rear remotes? #3  
You can use a stacked valve with as many spools as you need.

You could run the BH off one of the remote detent spool.

I believe MtnViewRanch has the T-N-T setup, and a diverter valve set you might can use.

Boat switches are usually water proof.

/ B3300SU with PB BH and rear remotes? #4  
Just my opinion, but here goes.

I would use 2 diverters for the loader with the 2 switches in a new handle on the loader joystick. About $800 by the time you are all done with everything.

For your back hoe thumb, I would use a diverter for that also, using one of the back hoe valves and have the switch mounted on the back hoe control lever. I don't think that you want to reach around in back of you to be pulling on a lever to operate the thumb. About $500 to do this.

For your rear remotes, get a stacking valve setup. That way it is easy to add more if you end up needing them. I would get a minimum of 1 with the float function, and probably 2. If you put in a 3 valve set, then you would have the 2 with float to use with the "TnT" and have the 3rd with a detent so that you can use that valve for your back hoe, a log splitter, whatever you have that needs a constant flow. About $600

Top & Tilt kit, $530

You know that shipping is going to cost some $$$$ with you being up in Canada, $200-$300 depending on how this is all done.

So a guesstimate of $2700 if you were to get everything from me. This is only a guess off of the top of my head. I have no doubt that you can spend some time and do some shopping and save yourself a few $$$.

Good luck. ;)

Thanks guys. Would it be better (or make any difference) to connect the BH in the PB loop or simply take the convenience of plugging in to one of the remotes?

/ B3300SU with PB BH and rear remotes? #7  
If you use the PB from the FEL, you will not have to use a detent valve.

You will still need a loop from the FEL hose to the remote valve.

Did you look at this valve as a diverter valve?

I really don't understand why more people don't use this valve instead of the $500 to $800 setup.

This valve and a waterproof switch and basic wiring , and hoses is all that is required.

http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=9-7852&catname=hydraulic

Last edited:
Ya, saw that one. It's $230 up here :( Same one as in the kit Guesseral linked but their price is out to lunch -- no way a switch is worth $250

So it sounds like the best way to do things is:
1) diverter valves on the loader curl circuit for the bucket to power grapple
2) diverter valve on the backhoe bucket to power BH thumb
3) use the existing PB circuit that now powers the BH to power the new open center valve block for the new rear remotes
4) have one of the new remotes with detent to power the BH

Did I get this right?

/ B3300SU with PB BH and rear remotes? #9  
Looks correct to me. Good luck

/ B3300SU with PB BH and rear remotes? #10  
Ya, saw that one. It's $230 up here :( Same one as in the kit Guesseral linked but their price is out to lunch -- no way a switch is worth $250

So it sounds like the best way to do things is:
1) diverter valves on the loader curl circuit for the bucket to power grapple
2) diverter valve on the backhoe bucket to power BH thumb
3) use the existing PB circuit that now powers the BH to power the new open center valve block for the new rear remotes
4) have one of the new remotes with detent to power the BH

Did I get this right?

Yea I thought the switch was way over priced also. There are also some o-ring hose fittings that come with kit but it is still expensive. If you order the other valve order the fittings for your hose connections also at the same time they seem to be way less money from surplus center, I am looking at the same valve and I was planning on getting 90 degree fittings when I order the valve. If you are going to put a set of couplers at the front of the loader for a grapple or some other skidsteer type of equipment surplus also has the flat front connectors that seem standard on that type of equipment.