B3350 and diesel particulate filter

/ B3350 and diesel particulate filter #21  
Ok. Taking that model off the table is the DPF reliable in any of their other models? Looking at a 2016 L3301 that has the same type filter/regeneration system as well.
Limited search has not resulted in the same level of red flags so was the issue more specific to the B3350 or the regeneration process itself?

They're very different.

The B3350 used mechanical injection. The L3301 is EFI. EFI allows better control of the regen. The 3350 has a small turbo engine. The L3301 has a larger naturally aspirated engine. Turbos are heat powered superchargers. They take heat from the exhaust to power the compressor turbine. That makes the post-turbo exhaust less hot so the DPF has a harder time maintaining temperature during regen. Many of the people with regen problems on the 3350 were operating in colder temperatures.

I'd stay away.

/ B3350 and diesel particulate filter
They're very different.

The B3350 used mechanical injection. The L3301 is EFI. EFI allows better control of the regen. The 3350 has a small turbo engine. The L3301 has a larger naturally aspirated engine. Turbos are heat powered superchargers. They take heat from the exhaust to power the compressor turbine. That makes the post-turbo exhaust less hot so the DPF has a harder time maintaining temperature during regen. Many of the people with regen problems on the 3350 were operating in colder temperatures.

I'd stay away.
But it would be considered “safe” to pursue the 3301?
Private party seller, 400 hours, has not had regen issues.

/ B3350 and diesel particulate filter #23  
You should be ok. There are a lot of those out there, including mine, with no problems.

That’s only about 65 hours per year.
My 2018 has twice the hours, and I consider it to be a new tractor.

/ B3350 and diesel particulate filter #24  

I'm still confused on why you want a different tractor from the little Boomer? Is it just desire for something new? Do you just want a regen type tractor? Some folks do.
It's your decision of course. And I'm not being critical; but I am perplexed.
rScotty

/ B3350 and diesel particulate filter #25  
He mentioned it before, he wants to replace his TC24 with something HST with a little more power.

/ B3350 and diesel particulate filter #26  
Ok. Taking that model off the table is the DPF reliable in any of their other models? Looking at a 2016 L3301 that has the same type filter/regeneration system as well.
Limited search has not resulted in the same level of red flags so was the issue more specific to the B3350 or the regeneration process itself?

The ZD1511 had Regen issues as well. I believe the zd1511 and B3350 share the same mechanically injected engines. The ZD issues I have read about were summertime wide open operation, so the operator error lie doesn't hold water.
On the B3350 Kubota threw parts and computer updates at the problem, and it was clear they had no idea how to fix them.

None of the other DPF equipped machines had problems like these two, including the L01 series and L60 series. My L4060 had been flawless, regenerating while operating every 50h average.

/ B3350 and diesel particulate filter
I'm still confused on why you want a different tractor from the little Boomer? Is it just desire for something new? Do you just want a regen type tractor? Some folks do.
It's your decision of course. And I'm not being critical; but I am perplexed.
rScotty
Keeping my TC 35d and selling my TC 24d. Want more Hp, and hst.

/ B3350 and diesel particulate filter #28  
Not pushing for the B3350,but member sandyc from Maine had his B3350 cab fixed.
He has since traded to a BX model
Good Luck!

/ B3350 and diesel particulate filter #29  
I bought my B2650 in December 2019. At the time I was also looking at the B3350. My local dealer didn't carry them and wouldn't sell them, "until Kubota fixed the problem." So, if it was built in 2019 or earlier, expect problems.

Last edited:
   / B3350 and diesel particulate filter #30  
Was looking at a used B3350 as an upgrade to a smaller tractor I currently own. Was excited about the somewhat nimble size and power these tractors seem to have.
However I am now very Nervous to proceed after reading about all the diesel filter regeneration problems. Nobody has time to be bringing such an important tool back and forth to the dealer and meanwhile not getting any work done.
Do all the 3350s have this problem in one form or another?
Is it a certain percent if the units that have this problem?
Does anyone own one and actually been satisfied with it and not had this problem or is the whole process of regeneration painful even when it works?
Has kubota provided any solutions?
How could I possibly know if the model I’m looking at is one of the “problem children”?
Appreciate any input. This model is giving me mixed emotions instead of excitement about an upgrade. ☹️
If you live in a area that is below 5,000’ elevation these work good closer to 2,500’ they run hot enough to work
But you have to run it at full throttle
But if you have a trailer and can do with out your tractor while Kubota repairs it then it’s all good
The first year 2013 is the worse year newer ones can have the DPF bypassed
The problem is not just Kubota all compact tractors have problems with regen some more than others my neighbors have MF and have much fewer problems
If I had it to do over I would not have bought this tractor but there wasn’t a lot of information about them