B6100 3-pt falls slow

/ B6100 3-pt falls slow #1  

nostep

Bronze Member
Tractor
1978 Kubota B6100DT
I have a B6100 and since becoming the owner (3 years ago) I've noticed that the 3-pt lift falls slowly. Sometimes more than slowly. Does that sound more like the valve, or the lift cylinder? How much headache for a novice Kubota repair person?

/ B6100 3-pt falls slow #2  
Most tractors have any adjustment for the speed at which it falls. It is called draft control on some. On my B7510 it is a knob facing forward near the floor below the front of the seat. If you turn it too much it is very slow. Are you sure you didn't accidentially adjust something?

/ B6100 3-pt falls slow #3  
It probably needs the seal replaced on the piston under the seat. Mine drops too after awhile. These tractors are 30+ years old, the seals get tired. I'm pretty sure there's some posts on here about it if you do search.

/ B6100 3-pt falls slow #4  
I have a B6100 and since becoming the owner (3 years ago) I've noticed that the 3-pt lift falls slowly. Sometimes more than slowly. Does that sound more like the valve, or the lift cylinder? How much headache for a novice Kubota repair person?

Do you mean that it lowers by itself, when the tractor isn't running, or it is slow when you try to lower it?

/ B6100 3-pt falls slow
Falls by itself. Just trying to get good guess on if it's the piston or the valve.

Thanks both :)

/ B6100 3-pt falls slow
Sorry it took me so long to get back here. Busy summer. Anyway, I pulled the top off the cylinder just like the notes above showed. Real easy. I didn't have a magnet, but I got the piston out by slamming the lift arms down a bunch of times. Each time, the piston came out about 1/4" inch. I have to wait for the o-ring (plus the plastic dirt ring) to come in. Not expecting any trouble from here. Thanks all.

/ B6100 3-pt falls slow
OK, replacement of o-ring (plus backup ring) went smoothly. 3-pt still feel all the way down over a several hour period. Any tips on what to try next?

Thanks.

/ B6100 3-pt falls slow #10  
Did the cylinder look good and smooth? No bad areas to allow seepage? If all is good then the only thing left is the valve itself unless the 3pt/aux valve is the culprit but if it is capped like mine then it can't be that. You can see in the attached picture what is in the control valve.
Page37.jpg