b6100dt

/ b6100dt #1  

Mike_Dumond

Gold Member
Tractor
B6100D Kubota
It's a weird question, but then again, I'm a weird kind of guy. Had someone stop by the other day and offer me $6500 for my 1978 b6100dt with 50in FEL and 5ft back blade. 3000 hours, (hard hours), the only thing shiny on this tractor is the tiltmeter. Long story made short, I said no.

Now, the question. Anyone have any idea what the resale on this would be? I think the $6500 was a little high. Mechanically, the tractor is pretty solid. New clutch and pressure plate. (200 hours) Hydraulics are OK, though the pump could probably use a rebuild. R1's all the way around, maybe two years old. Not sure if I'd trade her, but you never know.

Keep the greasy side down.
Mike

/ b6100dt #2  
Mike,
Dealer just sold a B7100DT,1978,FEL,2,144hrs easy hours,for $6,595...the unit didn't have time to cool off before some grab it.

You know your Kubota well by the sounds,and how much do you think it will cost to replace what you have...$$$.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ b6100dt #3  
I agree with your assessment that the price seemed higher than the tractor was worth and I also believe that it won't be real easy to find a buyer willing to pay that price if you were in the market to sell. However, if you are (1) not in the market to jump to one of the more expensive, larger, newer hydrostats and (2) are satisfied with the job the B6100DT is doing for you, then you probably made the best decision. Here is the rationale:

Assumption: If you sold the tractor that you'd most likely make the move up to a nicer hydrostat model with power steering (if you didn't go to that level you wouldn't have made much of an upgrade). Given that assumption: You may have potentially lost $1000 or $2000 when it comes to eventually selling it, but it would have most likely cost you over $4000 above the selling price to get into a decent newer model tractor. If the B6100DT was doing the job for you then you would be paying over $4000 mostly for extra luxury and convience, with some added capability thrown in.

Kelvin