B7100 HST input shaft stripped spline

/ B7100 HST input shaft stripped spline
Hey rockyroadnz,
Just in the off chance that you see this, I wanted to say thanks. Your instructions have been a big help.
I'm just having some issues removing the input shaft. I've disconnected the bolts holding the Charge Pump Case on, and can pull the shaft out an inch or two, but that's as far as it goes peacefully.

From what I understand your instructions are saying, it's just supposed to come out the front. Do I just need to pry it out?
Looking at the manual, it looks like there are gears and things attached that should prevent it slipping straight out, so I'm a bit cautious.

And here's the diagram image I'm referring too. Any help/advice would be much appreciated.
View attachment 663929

Hi ToastySteve, glad the info helped. It is a while since I did this job so the memory is fading. Yes the shaft comes out the front with the charge pump. I definitely would not recommend prying it out. perhaps a few gentle taps on the back end of the shaft but no more force than that. Remember this a precision machined transmission so getting heavy handed will probably damage it.
Looking at that diagram you posted I note that if the shaft has moved forwards an inch or two then the shaft surface for the rear bearing will be about going through the light pink cylinder block. I have a vague recollection that the light pink cylinder block moved around a bit inside the housing when the shaft was removed - so it might be a case of jiggling the shaft until it 'finds' the hole in the cylinder block. Alternatively get someone to hold the HST with the shaft pointing down while you hold the charge pump and shaft together. Then jiggle the shaft or the box and see if it comes out. Be careful to do this on a clean surface so you can see and find any bits that fall out.
I'll dig around in my metal scrap heap tomorrow to see if I can find the old shaft and check the diameter of the rear bearing surface compared to the rest of the shaft. It might give me a clue. Meantime let me know how you get on.
Good luck

Hi again ToastySteve. One more thought (and sorry if this sounds silly) - did you remove the second circlip I mentioned in step 1 of the shaft replacement instructions? It is number 20 highlighted in this pic HST parts.JPG

/ B7100 HST input shaft stripped spline #13  
Hey mate,
Thanks very much for your help.
I've had a win. I think that I was trying to remove the shaft without removing the whole charge pump... I think I was just removing the front of the charge pump, if that makes sense.
A few more bolts and off it all popped, no worries.
I have a video, but I think I need another post or two before the forums allow me to post it.

Thanks again for your help. My next challenge is trying to source a new prop shaft sleeve and a new input shaft in Aus.
Cheers again.

Hi, thanks for the video, and pleased to hear you got the shaft out. The munted end of the shaft looks exactly like mine did. Good luck finding a new one. Don't forget my earlier comments about part numbers etc.

/ B7100 HST input shaft stripped spline #17  
Don't forget my earlier comments about part numbers etc.
I'm fortunate enough to have a Kubota shop 10min down the road. I was able to use that part number you gave us (shaft part number 66415-39315) to get the right shaft.

The coupler that attaches the Input Shaft to the Propeller Shaft was a bit chewed out as well, so i was hoping to replace that too.
Unfortunately while they got the Input shaft right, Kubota gave me the wrong prop shaft, and they aren't too sure what the part number would be for the right one.
Just thought I'd check on the off chance you might have found out the part number for that as well?

/ B7100 HST input shaft stripped spline #18  
Just correcting the above post, as I still haven't had any luck with Kubota AU (we're waiting on replies from Kubota Japan and US).
It's actually just the part number for the coupler I'm after, not the entire propeller shaft.

If you don't have any record of what they gave you, would you be able to point me in the direction of who you talked/worked with to find out? I'd be happy to give them a call and figure it out.
Thanks again for all your help.

Hi, sorry - missed your earlier post.
Here's the invoice for the bits I got.Kubota B7100 parts.JPG
The suppliers contact details are on there.
Good luck

/ B7100 HST input shaft stripped spline #20  
Absolute legend. Thank you very much.
That's made my day.