B7100 Hydraulics running LA304 loader

/ B7100 Hydraulics running LA304 loader #1  

Newbie7100HST

Tractor
Kubota B7100D HST, Belarus 255
The LA304 loader is rated for 4.4 GPM@2000psi. The hydraulic pump on the B7100 is 3 GPM and supposedly somewhere between 1500 and 1700 PSI.
I only plan on using the loader for yard work, snow removal and fire wood. (No commercial landscaping digging etc.) Will the stock hydraulic system on the B7100 provide enough power to do what I want or do I need to add a 2nd pump for the loader?

I’m ok with a slow cycle time and reduced lifting capacity....I just want to be sure the loader will go up and down and can carry 3-400 lbs.

Thanks.

/ B7100 Hydraulics running LA304 loader #2  
I don't know what loader commonly comes on which models. I can tell you the LA 525 loader comes on at least three different Kubota L models having differing pressures and flows. That said, the flow rate will affect the rate at which the loader does work - less flow = slower operation but it works the same way. A higher pressure would allow it to lift heavier loads. If it will lift what it needs to lift and it's not too slow for you all should be well.

/ B7100 Hydraulics running LA304 loader #3  
I'm afraid it will be way too slow with the stock pump. I had a B7000 before with an homemade loader and separate 5 or 6 cc pump for it.

In your case, you may want to figure out what size pump the tractor the originally had the LA525 used, and go from that. Surplus Center has a good calculator to figure out HP requirements, GPM, pressures, etc.

/ B7100 Hydraulics running LA304 loader #4  
A friend has a B7100 + FEL.
The FEL is driven from a pump that is driven off of the crankshaft front end.
Not factory, but is always a possibility if you find the factory pump so slow.

My own CUT (MT180D) has 2 pumps; factory (slow) and my DIY crank driven.
Last winter I had no choice but to re plumb back to slower factory setup.
I have since re plumbed my front crank driven and for sure a much more pleasant speed.

Dual pumps are a fairly common DIY mod.

/ B7100 Hydraulics running LA304 loader #5  
I have a B6100 (same with a couple less HP) with a B1630 FEL that runs off the onboard pump. Lifting speed is fine, I would think it would depend on cylinder size of the LA304.

/ B7100 Hydraulics running LA304 loader
Thanks all.
I think I’m going to put it together with the stock pump and see how it works and how much I use it. I suppose I can always add the crank pump after if needed.