Snow B7100 tractor and snowblower

/ B7100 tractor and snowblower #1  

LHoyer

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B7100
Just wondering if anyone has modified and attached a snow blower to the front of a B7100 other than a Kubota product? Looking at an Ariens 831010 or similar. Had a Toro I was going to try but that ended up too complicated and too heavy. For this Ariens I would have to speed up the front PTO (by pulleys) which should be fairly easy. With the Toro I was going to have to slow down which would have been a nightmare. I know a rear blower is the easiest but I am not going to look over my shoulder all winter to blow snow! Too old for that. Thanks

/ B7100 tractor and snowblower #2  
You could probably jury rig something up but make sure you check the rotation of the blower to make sure it would match that from the tractor.

/ B7100 tractor and snowblower
The project is done! Purchased a very good Ariens 2 stage blower (old Kubota one was a single stage) and had to make a reverser (of course) as the new one runs opposite of what the tractor runs. Here are some pictures in no particular order. Also, here is a link to see it run. New video by Larry Hoyer

Attachments

• aux spring.jpg
    aux spring.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 214
  • chute turn.jpg
    chute turn.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 190
  • lift cylinder.jpg
    lift cylinder.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 172
  • reverse.jpg
    reverse.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 204
Thanks, it was a design and build as you go with what you have on hand (mostly).

/ B7100 tractor and snowblower #6  
The project is done! Purchased a very good Ariens 2 stage blower (old Kubota one was a single stage) and had to make a reverser (of course) as the new one runs opposite of what the tractor runs. Here are some pictures in no particular order. Also, here is a link to see it run. New video by Larry Hoyer

It looks very good and I hope it will work well!

Hopefully those idlers will stand up to use.

I hope so too. Have extras on hand in case.

/ B7100 tractor and snowblower #8  
A couple of suggestions for you. I spent a lot of time researching front blowers on B7100 while helping a friend.

The original design by Kubota had solid steel support bars running from the bell housing area of the tractor up to where the blower was attached.

These bars were 1" solid square sections with a bend about mid way along the bar.

I have marked up one photo with a yellow line trying to show you where the bar connected to the tractor. The image is confusing because a loader project was taking place.

If you do not have the majority of the pushing forces applied to the tractor as shown, you can actually break the bell housing.

B7100 blower support 1.jpg

01a_post_support.jpg

There are holes in the tractor where the pusher bar is attached. The square bar has a plate welded to the end where it bolts to the tractor.

Dave M7040

This appears to be a HST, mine is a standard tranny. The mount for my conversion and the original snowcaster pushed off of the main tractor frame.

/ B7100 tractor and snowblower #10  
A couple of suggestions for you. I spent a lot of time researching front blowers on B7100 while helping a friend.

The original design by Kubota had solid steel support bars running from the bell housing area of the tractor up to where the blower was attached.

These bars were 1" solid square sections with a bend about mid way along the bar.

I have marked up one photo with a yellow line trying to show you where the bar connected to the tractor. The image is confusing because a loader project was taking place.

If you do not have the majority of the pushing forces applied to the tractor as shown, you can actually break the bell housing.

View attachment 720580

View attachment 720581

There are holes in the tractor where the pusher bar is attached. The square bar has a plate welded to the end where it bolts to the tractor.

Dave M7040
I had a similar investigation prior to mounting a front blower on the B7200. I was even warned about breaking the tractor in half by a fellow that did just that. Not the same tractor, but a little farmall.

So I looked into subframes for blowers and blades. Took the ideas, and built with a frame that goes all the way back to the rear axle.
Of course there is a difference in the mid pto output location on the B7200, and the engine drive of the B7100. But that's in the details.

OH! Buy the way, be sure to lube the splines on that engine extension shaft. They wear down to nothing, and replacements are hard to find.

Pics are here in this post