Snow B7100 tractor and snowblower

/ B7100 tractor and snowblower
Replacements are almost impossible to find at anything close to a reasonable price. I've been looking. Have always greased with the zerk on the pto drive but this year I removed that to take a look inside. All was good. Shot some grease down the tube, reinstalled and greased with the zerk. Should be good for quite a while. If anything happens to that, the plan is to attach a rear pto pump with an aux tank and go that route. I pretty much only use this tractor for snow removal anymore.

/ B7100 tractor and snowblower #13  
I just picked up this same blower (Ariens 831010) used and am looking to attach it as a front mount to my BX2200. I too will have to deal with the pto rotation being in the opposing direction.

Have you used this blower on your B7100 yet, and if so, how did it do?

Is there anything you would do differently if you were to build this up again?

Last edited:
Have used it several times now. It worked well but because of how I had to mount it, I have to shut blower off when I raise it due to the angle that imposes on the drive shaft. Not a big deal but one thing that I have to remember. Originally as I mounted it, the blower raised too high and the short PTO shaft disconnected, fixed that by limiting the raise height and then fixed it permanently by swapping out the original Kubota hydraulic cylinder. If I was to do it over, I have been thinking that I would eliminate the original PTO clutch arrangement, mount the blower closer to the front frame and run a shaft from back PTO to the front. Would still have to fabricate a reverser but back there it could be done with #40 chain. I am going to video clearing up the next snowfall and post a clip of that.

The Kubens at work. Next project: linear actuator for chute adjustment!