B7800 gets hot after about a hour.

/ B7800 gets hot after about a hour. #11  
I have no experience with a B7800 but if it’s anything like a B7200 the cooling system isn’t very good to start with. But I’m guessing the clean radiator really isn’t clean.

/ B7800 gets hot after about a hour. #12  
My 7800 is very cold blooded. The temp gauge barely moves off the lower peg no matter how hot it is outside. I even replaced the thermostat thinking it was stuck open. The only thing that makes it move is if I use my reverse rotation Blecavator in heavy soil. The Blec requires more PTO HP than the 7800 has. It will then move to mid range after a while.

/ B7800 gets hot after about a hour. #13  
Id say your temp gauge is wonky. Shoot the engine with a handheld IR thermometer.

/ B7800 gets hot after about a hour. #15  
When using the bush hog after about a hour or hour and a half the tractor gets hot.

The radiator is clean and full, air filter is clean what would cause this?

I think the bush hog is to much for it it's a 5 foot bush hog and i am going really slow 2,3 mph it seems to only get hot when i cut the thick heavy tall stuff.

Would being under powered cause it to heat up? I do not go fast so it does not bog down.

Is the battery in front of the radiator? If so, and too close, and/or too big it can inhibit free air flow just past the point where it will turn an adequate cooling system critical. An oversized battery seems to cause this on the larger BX's, but not on the BX1500.

/ B7800 gets hot after about a hour. #16  
I think the bush hog is to much for it it's a 5 foot bush hog and i am going really slow 2,3 mph it seems to only get hot when i cut the thick heavy tall stuff.
When I cut tall grass I have to clean the grill vents every 30 minutes or so. The grill knocks the seed heads off the weeds and grass and fills up the vents. You might also try turning the pto shaft by hand to make sure the bush hog drive train and blades are moving freely. My engine runs really cold, needle never moves off the top of the "C" until the vents are plugged up, then it shoots right up to above the middle of temp range.

I use a B2710, which is a few HP less than yours, with a 5' bush hog and it does fine, I don't think you have a power problem.

/ B7800 gets hot after about a hour. #17  
I had a 30hp Kubota that was the same way, with everything cleaned properly, it would overheat if it was run at or near full power rotary cutting for any length of time, in tall grass.

I NEVER let it get into the red, but after getting near the red a couple times, it started to smoke light blue smoke on start up, every time. A sign of a little oil getting through the valve guides when the tractor was sitting.

After a few more things going wrong with that tractor, I sent it down the road!

SR

/ B7800 gets hot after about a hour. #18  
Grill panels need to be clean. Screens in front of radiator clean. Radiator clean (better to blow it out than flush with water, I think). Fan needs to be intact, and fan belt tight. Those are the basics and sounds like you're already on it.

Also pull out the shutter plant (screen) below the battery and blow that off with compressed air.

If the tractor is equipped with Kubota FEL the shutter plate will not pull all the way out due the grill guard blocking it, but it can be pulled out far enough to blow it off.

/ B7800 gets hot after about a hour. #19  
Rinse radiator with a strong stream of water for about 15-20 minutes
Squirt water straight through being careful not to bend fins.
Youll see what looks like chocolate milk coming out
Hose it from the inside out. Dust ducked in and got trapped from the outside in do you want to push it out.

/ B7800 gets hot after about a hour. #20  
Back in the day when my old ford 1700 did that I needed a new radiator.