Baby John helps out a neighbor

/ Baby John helps out a neighbor #1  

LJH

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 3120
Got a call this morning, my neighbors up the canyon were having flushing issues, needed their septic pumped and would it be possible for Baby John to help dig it up? You betcha!

These folks are in their 80s with various ailments and in no shape to wield shovels. They kinda knew were it was and how deep. It was kinda in that spot but only half as deep as expected. Glad I was digging as gingerly as possible! But we found it, dug around the lid (which was half-way under a poured sidewalk) and lifted it up, over & out with a chain on the bucket. Home-made system build by the fellow's father and holy cow, that lid was square and about twice as heavy as the usual round jobs.

The tank was full to the top and looked pretty solid. I'm afraid it's going to take our local septic lady all afternoon to muck that one out and fingers crossed the drain field isn't history.

We've been on the receiving end these folks' generosity many times over the years; firewood, garden produce, fresh & bottled, plant starts and priceless advice. It felt really, really good being able to return a fraction of that kindness. Attagirl, Baby John. :)

/ Baby John helps out a neighbor #2  
It felt really, really good being able to return a fraction of that kindness.

Yes, I know the feeling. And I'm glad you were able to help them.

/ Baby John helps out a neighbor #3  
that's what good neighbors do,go on you.

/ Baby John helps out a neighbor #4  
My neighbor & I are on the same terms. Yes, its a great feeling on both giving/receiving end. Make life so much easier.

/ Baby John helps out a neighbor #5  
Things like this is what being neighbors is all about.

/ Baby John helps out a neighbor #7  
A little appreciation goes a long way with me...

Thank you for lending a hand!

Last edited:
   / Baby John helps out a neighbor #8  
Nice to hear about a positive neighbor instead of same of the others lately on speed bumps and fence line. Great job!

/ Baby John helps out a neighbor #9  
The tank was full to the top and looked pretty solid. I'm afraid it's going to take our local septic lady all afternoon to muck that one out and fingers crossed the drain field isn't history.

:)

If the drain field (and bacteria) was working, would it be full to the top? Or is it just full with non bio-degradable solids/sludge? I always thought that if things are working properly, tanks don't really need to be pumped?

/ Baby John helps out a neighbor #10  
Got a call this morning, my neighbors up the canyon were having flushing issues, needed their septic pumped and would it be possible for Baby John to help dig it up? You betcha!

These folks are in their 80s with various ailments and in no shape to wield shovels. They kinda knew were it was and how deep. It was kinda in that spot but only half as deep as expected. Glad I was digging as gingerly as possible! But we found it, dug around the lid (which was half-way under a poured sidewalk) and lifted it up, over & out with a chain on the bucket. Home-made system build by the fellow's father and holy cow, that lid was square and about twice as heavy as the usual round jobs.

We've been on the receiving end these folks' generosity many times over the years; firewood, garden produce, fresh & bottled, plant starts and priceless advice. It felt really, really good being able to return a fraction of that kindness. Attagirl, Baby John. :)
Good on ya!!Great to have good neighbors.The wife and I look out for our neighbor who are in there late 80,s.Makes us feel good to make sure they are taken care of.What goes around comes around.