Back Saver.

/ Back Saver. #1  

mike69440

Elite Member
Tractor
1984 Kubota B7200D (Sold 2015,) 2005 L39 Kubota, 2006 RTV 900 1997 Komatsu PC75UU2E w/ Thumb & Blade, 2013 Mahindra Max28XL Shuttle
I herniated a disc in my back in October 2015. My back is not capable of taking abuse any more.
I look at the thousands of tons of rocks moved and made retaining walls, The Thousands of yards of material landscaped into pastures, roads and ponds, I can't do that now.
I've lost my knack with operating my excavator. A few years ago I was putting +500 hours a year on it working the farm while mostly unemployed. I amazed myself what I could do with the machine. No more. I cam operate it well still, but as far as using the bucket and thumb as if it were a hand, no longer am I that skillful.

If I'm careful I can still dead lift over 100 lbs, but I can not work like I used to be able. I am glad I got this far and the place is established but Now I need to figure ways to make life easier.
Like how do you take a few minutes to go into the woods to haul out 1/6 cord of wood? Or how to move buckets of manure from stalls without lifting heavy buckets. Take a 60 gallon tank of water out to the pasture?

This ought o be the ticket.

The carryall's internal dimensions are 57-1/2 wide x 33 deep x 27 high, just under 30 cubic feet. I can use a ramp to load something real heavy like my generator or just hump it 6" to load. This should prove handy. It will carry 6 bales of hay. My wife often uses the RTV, when I could be using it so I have something little for chores also.

Attachments

• P1030856.JPG
    P1030856.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 302
  • P1030855.JPG
    P1030855.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 363
  • P1030857.JPG
    P1030857.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 277
   / Back Saver. #2  
Looks good Mike, sorry to hear about the back issues. Carry All looks like another handy addition. Also nice job on your curl cylinder project on the Max.

/ Back Saver. #3  
I have had one for years, you will find good use for it I am sure. Looks good. Ed

/ Back Saver. #4  
Looks very handy to me.

/ Back Saver.
Well done, Sir.

For those who are DIY challenged and deep of pocket,
there is the Big Tool Rack.

I give this guy credit, being able to market this successfully. I looked into marketing my better quick hitch, and only those with deep pockets could afford what I would have to ask for it.

/ Back Saver. #7  
I have the same carryall, probably the best money I've spent on a tool thus far. Mine stays on the tractor unless another implement is needed. Thinking about adding some PVC tubes for shovels and rakes as well as chainsaw holsters.

/ Back Saver.
I have the same carryall, probably the best money I've spent on a tool thus far. Mine stays on the tractor unless another implement is needed. Thinking about adding some PVC tubes for shovels and rakes as well as chainsaw holsters.
Good ideas!
I had a bit of welding done on my carryall frame so that the angles are fully welded as well as a small pair of gussets added, just in case I carry more than 500 lbs. Still a good buy from Tractor supply, as the raw steel stock to make your own would cost more.