back up camera

/ back up camera #1  

Rc4510

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ls xr4046 with cab
can anyone suggest a good back up camera system for tractor,looking at 7" wired system for cabbed tractor but not sure what brands are anygood thanks

/ back up camera #2  
I'd suggest brand is not critical as all are made offshore.

I did that some years back for my CUT and have been very pleased.
Since I did not trust the on/off touch switch I wired a toggle in line.
Specs said temp range was low @ 0 F but I've used down to -25 with no problems.
I recall my total investment was in $70 is range.

Wire kit supplied was too fragile (IMHO)for tractor environment so I bundled with a heavier gauge for physical protection.
No regrets!

/ back up camera #3  
I've been contemplating the same thing but using a wireless in lieu of a wired unit.

/ back up camera #4  
I have a wired system with one powered camera. The other two I run on battery packs which has really worked out well for the loader camera. I bought Halo.

/ back up camera #5  
Most cameras will readily last long enough to be wiped out by some branch or whatnot!

I made up a movable camera system for the front of my Kioti. Didn't really finish it (prototype), but it was working pretty well until I managed to rip the cables and camera out of my camera holder*. I came up with the solution that I did after having a the camera's whimpy mount broken and unable to remount on the magnet (which had a stud on it that the camera mount would go on and get secured to). Figured I needed to protect the camera. Trick was mounting the camera inside of something that would protect it while still allowing all of it to be moveable.

I've been wanting to see how things look like with a camera just mounted up under the front side of the cab top, but figure I'm probably going to see more of the hood area than I need to (I already have a good enough view from the seat!). Be nice if one could zoom in (more a monitor/display function?).

* Here's a picture (have to look closely, down under the front, a place where most wouldn't dare to place a camera! should be obvious why the wiring got nailed- the RCA jacks were pretty much acting as the fuse in that they'd pop apart before a cable/wire was broken- things work, until they don't! but in total it held up to some pretty insane conditions, conditions that would have seen far worse damage). Little reason to be running in heavy brush or grass with the camera down there, but sometimes it's fun to watch stuff go by under the tractor! Fun until something gets hurt.:LOL:

Attachments

• Fail.jpg
    Fail.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 317

/ back up camera #6  
I love my halo view.

it’s not cheap, but it sure is easy to hook up. the camera is like a magnet, fits a lot of places on the tractor. Rechargeable, pretty sweet setup.

/ back up camera #7  
I love my halo view.

it’s not cheap, but it sure is easy to hook up. the camera is like a magnet, fits a lot of places on the tractor. Rechargeable, pretty sweet setup.
Sooner or later that'll get ejected. Hope that you don't run over it!

BTW - When I was researching flails I watched this video of a guy filming his activities with a GoPro and having it eject and get eaten up by the flail.

/ back up camera #8  
I have the wireless Halo. I have the regular cameras with a couple of battery packs so I can use mine with wired power or as fully remote with the battery.I built a cage on my FEL to mount my stuff in and protect it.

/ back up camera #10  
It hasn’t been ejected in 90 hours of mowing this year.
Those magnets are extremely strong. The only way it gets ejected is if a limb or something knock it off. I doubt you will ever lose it mowing. I have 2 cameras on the back to watch my 3 PH implements and one that I use on the FEL for loader and fork work.