Backhoe Backhoe attachment from KPX

/ Backhoe attachment from KPX #1  

Jim Nelson

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800&B7510
Has anyone tried the three point backhoe attachment that KPX is advertising? The price sure seems right.I don't need a real stout hoe or I would go to a traditional frame mount.I want something for my B-7800 Kubota that will be fairly quick to change out.
Thanks
Jim

/ Backhoe attachment from KPX #3  
These backhoes are made by Jimna. I bought one (LW-6) from a vendor on Ebay. The unit comes setup to run from remote hydraulics. I wanted to use a PTO pump. This required a larger suction line and the addition of a return line filter. The PTO pump put out 11 gal/min which is too much volume for this backhoe. As a result I had to add a flow control valve.
As received, 4 of the five controls worked backwards even though the decals on the machine indicated differently. Because of the way the control valves are configured, I had to make some adapters so that I could swap the input/output hoses. It was not a simple matter of swapping the hoses on the cylinders. I still had to restrict the flow to the swing cylinders to match the speed of the other functions.
After doing all of this, the machine functions reasonable well. It is more suited to digging holes and rocks rather than trenching because of its limited reach. It is definitely a weekend machine not suitable for commercial use.

/ Backhoe attachment from KPX #4  
We brought in a contianer of the chinese backhoes a few years ago, they caused us all kinds of problems,spend the extra money and get a LITW Korean backhoe,they are top quality for a few dollars more

Tommy
Affordable tractor sales

/ Backhoe attachment from KPX
Thanks for the info.I figured it sounded too good to be true.Now I just have to find someone in the southern Cal.area who handles the Korean hoes.The freight anymore really adds up on this size of equip.
As an aside,I talked to the local Kubota dealer where I bought my tractor and they want $7,000for the whole setup.Nice rig but way to rich for my blood.

/ Backhoe attachment from KPX #6  
Jim,
I bought a taylor-way 3pt-BH and love it. it comes with the pto pump and 3pt brackets. I did however build a subframe for it. I bought it locally so I saw it first hand prior to purchase. Paid $3500. out the door and I will be buying another for my SS. I've seen them on E-bay also just search.
Phil

OK I'm pretty well convinced that the Korean hoe is a better unit but the only glowing reports I've heard are from dealers.I downloaded the manual and it's better than most import outfits but I would sure like to hear from someone who has one..
Ronald at Ranchland supply quoted what seems to be a pretty good price but I would sure like to hear from an owner.
Thanks
Jim

:) ok the more I look the more confused I get so after a chat with my darling bride we went down to the Kubota dealer and bought the BH-75 hoe.They picked up my tractor today,Sat. 4-14 and say that they will return it Tues. 4-17 with the hoe installed.This is for sure the high dollar way to go but I think peace of mind goes a long way.
I was surprised to learn from the dealer that the threepoint units from Kubota have no sub-frame,same as the aftermarket guys.The BH-75 is a 4 point attachment with a kind of sub frame.Seems more stable to me.It will take a little longer to change out because the tph arms and top and tilt cylinders have to come off.I'm retired and have some time.
I wonder why the Kubota owners manual that comes with the B-7800 says all backhoes require a subframe yet the dealer says not available except with the BH-75.
Anyway I am very excited and can't wait for Tuesday and the return of my baby with the new toy.
Jim

/ Backhoe attachment from KPX #10  
If I had seen this earlier, I would have been able to give you an owners perspective of the Korean hoe. I've been pleased with it and feel the quality is excellent. The power is enough to drag the tractor backward if you don't flip the stabilizer pads, on hard ground. Ifr anyone is considering a new backhoe, feel free to pm me anytime about the LITW hoe.