Backhoe Carryall?

/ Backhoe Carryall? #1  

Root Cause

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2638
Like everyone else, I have wished for a carryall that is handy, low to the ground, and out of the way.

I have a backhoe that I need to keep mounted as ballast and started thinking about the square space on either side of the backhoe or just under it that is available. It isn't intuitive to use this space without good connecting points but there is a lot of space available.

It is at my other property so I can't look at the stabilizers today but it would be a great spot for access and it stays within the tire track footprint. I am wondering if it could be attached at two points, one stabilizer and somewhere on the backhoe.

Anyone with an opinion or observation is appreciated.

/ Backhoe Carryall? #2  
I bolted some $5 auction find toolboxes to a pallet with some scrap wood & a few scrap pipes to holster hand tools. Move it around with the pallet forks. In your situation I'd look at some kind of frame or pallet you could scoop up & cary with the bucket.

Being able to drop my "fencing pallet" somewhere in a few seconds then use the tractor normally for whatever other task is so handy. Much more convenient than having something harder to mount or detach.
20170711_102717.jpg
View attachment 747993

/ Backhoe Carryall?
Yep, I have the grapple on now and I need ballast in the back. I just found some scrap tubing so I will cobble up something in a week or two. thanks for pic. That helps.