Backhoe crowd cylinder spraying

/ Backhoe crowd cylinder spraying #1  

Dan Lamb

Silver Member
Tractor
Branson 2400h TLB/ cab
Hey guys,
I have the BH66 backhoe on my 2400h Branson , I was digging up a stump and was pushing it to itç—´ limits at about 2300 RPM and the crowd cylinder started spraying hydraulic fluid , it has a small bulge of rubber where it was spraying so I immediately shut tractor off , and I know I was pushing the limits on it , live and learn ,was wondering what this might cost as My warranty was just up 2 weeks ago .Will probably have to take to shop as hydraulics are not in my line of expertise. Thanks in advance for any advise , Dan

/ Backhoe crowd cylinder spraying #2  
The cylinder it self or the hose going to the cylinder?

The hose is really easy to tackle by yourself and you can get it made in a hydraulic shop or someone that deals with that.

/ Backhoe crowd cylinder spraying
Hey ptsg,
It’s at the cylinder itself , at the joint on the cylinder, I would repair the hose if it was that, looks like how the end of the cylinder would come apart once you get it off . Thanks , Dan

/ Backhoe crowd cylinder spraying #4  
Any pictures ?

/ Backhoe crowd cylinder spraying #5  
Update , put my boom cylinder back on ,$161.42 was ok with that , walked it back over to my house pulled it in garage for a few days was out greasing it and found the same cylinder leaking .will call shop in morning and I hope they will honor their work and repair , bummer, Dan

/ Backhoe crowd cylinder spraying #7  
Update , put my boom cylinder back on ,$161.42 was ok with that , walked it back over to my house pulled it in garage for a few days was out greasing it and found the same cylinder leaking .will call shop in morning and I hope they will honor their work and repair , bummer, Dan

They should fix it just a bad seal.... But it still sucks taking it out again....

Another update ,
The hydraulic shop did another kit in my dipper cylinder , but he found a flaw in the outer casing and showed me with a straight edge very obvious there is a flaw in the casting right above the steel 90 that痴 welded on to attach the hose . He said it will happen again .Backhoe is Ansung and the warranty was up one year ago, I was hoping my dealer can still get me a cylinder from Branson since it痴 a casting flaw , really would appreciate any advise , Thanks Dan