Backhoe stabalizers not holding

/ Backhoe stabalizers not holding #1  

dwalk19

Gold Member
Tractor
2018 LS XG3140H TLB
I cross posted this in the mahindra forum also, since its a hydraulic issue i figired post it here also,,, I just got a used backhoe attachment and have only used it 1 time, but i noticed that when parked and on tractor that backhoe stabalizer legs would slowly drop, then when I removed it from tractor I'm pretty sure they lost pressure because backhoe is now setting on frame and not legs,

I could understand I guess if cylinders are leaking by but seems odd they both do it, and both have bad seal so possibly the valve, what's wired is if it's the valve, where can the fluid leak back to if it's not hooked up to tractor and can't go back to the tank 20180713_205337.jpeg

/ Backhoe stabalizers not holding #2  
The stabilizer cylinders are double acting. The hyd. oil can leak internally past the seal on the cylinder ram. This is a common problem that I've had with 3 different backhoes. I just hook the retracted stabilizers together with a piece of chain.

/ Backhoe stabalizers not holding #3  
My new Massey lasted about 6 months before starting to droop when parked . I lock the boom but the stabilizers do slowly fall outwards. The good news is they are no worse at 500 hours than they were at 75.....

/ Backhoe stabalizers not holding #4  
My backhoe does the same thing.. it's not the stabilizers leaking but it's fluid transfer within the backhoe.. for example if you have a hydraulic thumb, since gravity pulls it down and the system has a slight pressure due to its weight on the cylinders, the internal cylinder leak as well as valve leak etc makes all the excess fluid transfer over to try to equalize pressure.

In my case my thumb extends slightly as the backhoe goes down slowly. And all the other cylinders shift over.

Best solution is to have pins that lock the backhoe in place and maybe put some on the stabilizers if it bothers you. Or as a cheaper option... put a couple cinder / wood blocks understand the frame..

/ Backhoe stabalizers not holding #5  
It is common. I put two blocks I made out of 6x6's under mine so that it stays the right height for reattaching to my tractor.

/ Backhoe stabalizers not holding #6  
tractor.jpgNot all of them. There a picture of my stabs, an that's how they stay. no chains.