Backhoe valve body leak, repair & now real stiff controls

/ Backhoe valve body leak, repair & now real stiff controls #1  

Duckdogs

Tractor
Kioti CK30
CK30HST with the KB2375 backhoe. Nimco 1S-5709 valve body Owned since new, 2005.

I've had a small leak for several years that turned into a steady drip drip drip, almost a stream. Removed the valve body & took it to a hydraulic shop for a rebuild. Reinstalled and immediately noticed the controls were a little stiff. The thing failed after 30 minutes & dumped about 2 gallons of fluid on the ground. Back to the repair shop. Was told an O ring blew out and the stiffness was because all the seals were new, will loosen up with use. Reinstalled. Wow, now the controls are so stiff it's impossible to operate. I have to strong arm the joy sticks and they don't seem to want to return to center. I have to physically move them back to the center position. I'm afraid I might actually bend one of the sticks. It just can't be right.

Does anybody have any insight as to the problem? Is there any adjustment to be made? I don't have supreme confidence in the repair shop.

/ Backhoe valve body leak, repair & now real stiff controls #2  
Instead of fixing the leak they fixedctge whole thing. Expect it to be stiff. You might put a pipe on the joy stick for leverage and work it around some to loosen it. With it not running.