Backing Up - Amos n Andy

/ Backing Up - Amos n Andy #11  
I've pretty much given up on the wife assisting. Below is her SOP. It's hopeless even after calming down and explaining hand signals. Funny how she normally can't talk without waving her arms to describe the story even on the phone. :confused3:

1. She picks a place to stand where I can't see her.
2. Once I do get her in position, she starts moving around so I loose her and am twisting my neck all around.
3. She waves me back with no side to side directions.
4. She never gives me any indication of how close I am after repeated training.
5. She talks me through it but I can't hear her.

This made me laugh out loud. :)

If this sort of thing is hard on your marriage, I suggest you may be taking life too seriously.
As a solution for the serious not requiring a backup camera, I'd recommend switching to gooseneck and pintle hitches exclusively. Both are pretty easy to hook up by yourself, assuming you can at least see the tailgate from the driver's seat for the gooseneck... With pintle you just have to be close side to side, and you back up till it goes bump. If it deflects one way or the other when you bump it, move over a bit toward the way it deflected and bump it again.
If your wife still feels like "helping", it's fine, just pay no attention to her "directions" and hook it the way you do when she's not there. Then remember to thank her for her excellent guidance as you get out. :)

/ Backing Up - Amos n Andy #12  
This made me laugh out loud. :)

If this sort of thing is hard on your marriage, I suggest you may be taking life too seriously.
As a solution for the serious not requiring a backup camera, I'd recommend switching to gooseneck and pintle hitches exclusively. Both are pretty easy to hook up by yourself, assuming you can at least see the tailgate from the driver's seat for the gooseneck... With pintle you just have to be close side to side, and you back up till it goes bump. If it deflects one way or the other when you bump it, move over a bit toward the way it deflected and bump it again.
If your wife still feels like "helping", it's fine, just pay no attention to her "directions" and hook it the way you do when she's not there. Then remember to thank her for her excellent guidance as you get out. :)
Nah... we both just laugh about it each time. It's the way we roll.

/ Backing Up - Amos n Andy #13  
I go camping 5 or 6 times a year . I love to get there early , sit back , crack open a nice cold one . And WATCH the the fun of guys backing their rigs into a spot . It is great , the wives waving their arms , the husbands screaming .
I drop my wife and boys off at the playground and do it alone .

/ Backing Up - Amos n Andy #14  
You mean nobody explains how to do the directing so the director and driver each know what to do.

Keep thinking Crane & hoist signals which have long been forgotten.

/ Backing Up - Amos n Andy #15  
I go camping 5 or 6 times a year . I love to get there early , sit back , crack open a nice cold one . And WATCH the the fun of guys backing their rigs into a spot . It is great , the wives waving their arms , the husbands screaming .
I drop my wife and boys off at the playground and do it alone .
The boat launch is another entertainment spot. Go on a beautiful weather weekend, bring your favorite beverage, a buddy, and a couple lawn chairs.

/ Backing Up - Amos n Andy #16  
The boat launch is another entertainment spot. Go on a beautiful weather weekend, bring your favorite beverage, a buddy, and a couple lawn chairs.

True . I always look for a cardboard tag , that means they are new to either boating or camping

/ Backing Up - Amos n Andy #19  
That has always been a favorite! Funny funny movie

There's a pretty funny backing up scene in the Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz movie The Long Long Trailer. In fact the whole movie is pretty funny if you've never seen it. I used to love Amos N Andy too.