Bad Boy Land Plane

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #71  
I can scarify with a box blade. If I wanted scarifiers on a LP I'd check fit & move 'em over, but why if I have both? Lotta guys here do more than I do with le$$ equipment and or build/mod stuff as needed. It's not what you have, it's what you can do with it.

btw, don't think I'd ask for hundreds-off because of a bit of rust that's be there six mos after I bought and parked something outside too. Just me, I'm paying for metal, not a paint job. Doesn't hurt to ask but ...

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #72  
You guys have me really interested in one of these now. But I can't find anyone that has one in stock to even look at around here.

I've never used one or even seen one used. Watched a few videos online. I think if I was going to buy one, I'd go for 7' model, but maybe 6' would be more flexible since a smaller tractor could handle it. Think there'd be much difference in tractor requirements?

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #73  
I can't comment on their quality specifically, but I can tell you from driving by the Bad Boy facility once or twice a month for the past several years, it seems they're always growing and building. They must be doing something right.

I did look at their tractors, and while they have by far the most comfortable seats (they use the high-end zero turn seats on them), they cheaped out a bit and used the lower-tier of TYM/Kukje units to repackage/rebadge. Only the cab models have fender-mounted loader joysticks, etc. I think they underestimated the value of those kinds of features when most every competitor has or is going with them.

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #74  
Economy/homeowner/value-line tractors tend to be 'lower tier'. You get what you pay for.

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #75  
So if I have great service from a lower tier line did I get more than I paid for? I mean where is that threshold? Is there a target we should shot for?

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #76  
(I also want to build some fork slots so that I can lift it with my forks to move it around without attaching it to the QH.)

J like that and well do.

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #77  
(I also want to build some fork slots so that I can lift it with my forks to move it around without attaching it to the QH.)

J like that and well do.
That would be handy. I don't have any forks so I just use a couple straps attached to the bucket hooks. I remember unhooking implements so I could hook something else on just to move it then rehook the original. Then finally figured out how easy chains or straps on the FEL are to move 3pt implements around. Funny how obvious things come hard sometimes.

gg

/ Bad Boy Land Plane
I don't have any hooks on the bucket but I
use the straps that have a ratchet like the
truckers use works great for me and I very
seldom have any thing that is heavy that
needs moving.

willy

/ Bad Boy Land Plane
Been calling around for the land plane and
the freight is more than the product 300+
miles is over $1200 shipping

willy

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #80  
Well Williy, I bit the bullet and bought the BB72LG from my local dealer. They wouldn't budge at all on the price ($1395 with the rippers). I didn't fight them too hard since I had the cash, wanted to thank them and build relationship after they did some warranty work for my Kioti, and knew that someone would eventually buy it at that price, if not me. I see the are listed as high as $1700/$1800 on the web now.

RjWFy16.jpg

Works awesome. Haven't tried the rippers yet.

puuauzU.jpg

It was pretty soggy out when I tried refreshing my gravel drive. I need another pass of stone delivered this year.