Bad Dogs Bad Neighbor

/ Bad Dogs Bad Neighbor #11  
Go for a walk. Take a gun. If the dogs are on public property and act aggressive, shoot to kill the dog. Better yet, take a video of the dogs actions.

Dog is the owners responsibility.

Sorry to say, you have butthole neighbors.
Have to be very carefull in this nanny state with that procedure even though I agree that it would be very effective and one I would be most inclined to use.

/ Bad Dogs Bad Neighbor #12  
We had a run in with the people down the road 1/2 mile or so because they would not restrain their 2 large dogs. The kids or wife or myself go for a walk ride a bike etc. and the dogs chase and growl and scare the kids. Neighbors were not interested in keeping their dogs restrained. After the NYSP intervened we have just avoided walking that way if the dogs are out. Now the son 26 years old has been vandalizing our mailbox for a year or more. Leaves used condoms, liquor bottles full of urine and the latest party trick bags of feces. I have him on film and video and have filed a report with NY state police so far nothing has happened and the SOB just did it again on Sunday in broad daylight. I am looking for ideas for non-lethal ways to deter this scum bag until the cops can do something to help. I also filed an online claim with the postal service. Very frustrating and annoying.
I don't know how you could de-escalate it easily.

I do know how you can escalate it.... Send him a printed screen shot of the video and tell him thanks for the DNA samples.

For some reason, when you tell angry people that you have a sample of their DNA, it ticks them off even more.

So maybe, don't do that.

Do you have any other law enforcement agency other than State Police, like county or township?

Take the photographic evidence along with the bags of poop and bottles of urine to court and get a restraining order on him. Tell the cops you want the DNA samples added into evidence in case he gets violent, as you fear for your family's safety. Once you say you fear for you family's safety, it puts it on record for your own protection.

Hopefully, the restraining order will get him to just move along.

/ Bad Dogs Bad Neighbor #13  
<snip>SOB just did it again on Sunday in broad daylight. I am looking for ideas for non-lethal ways to deter this scum bag until the cops can do something to help. I also filed an online claim with the postal service. Very frustrating and annoying.
Post it on public media and call the local/nationwide press.

/ Bad Dogs Bad Neighbor #14  
Go for a walk. Take a gun. If the dogs are on public property and act aggressive, shoot to kill the dog. Better yet, take a video of the dogs actions.

Dog is the owners responsibility.

Sorry to say, you have butthole neighbors.
Seagrams Before the walk . get a Lawyer and line of credit for the experience the government will put on you.
a neighbor had to large red chow. type dogs breed never learned.
started to have broken fences and calves would;ld stay in the feed yard instead going into the fields. one-morning fixing fence saw the 2 dogs, gut full returning direction of there home. Found a pedigreed Holstein yearling calf in the field hamstrung and partly eaten . one had held face and the second had gutted the calf. Called the owner of the calf and he knew the dogs drove to their address. told neighbor what the dogs still laying beside the porch had done. she said wasn't her dogs. this aggravated the calf owner and he went to pick up got a '22 rifle. dogs now were 1/4 mile away he shot in their direction. very much country area.
I was charged with accessory in the Killing of the dogs. (both still alive)
He was charged with the endangerment of children in the trailer home .
one female dog lived long enough to give birth to a litter. The husband of the wife had shot the male. the legal fees and I was charged and the prosecutor wanted me to take anger management class.
It is not worth the legal hassle or ignorants of the elected officials. there was no concern of the dead calf.
no longer report a dog in the field it just doesn't come out.
illegal to shoot on public roads. across public roads or interfere with the lives of those too lazy to work. drawing the funds allocated by government agencies. they vote.

Last edited:
   / Bad Dogs Bad Neighbor #15  
It's time to recognize how really fortunate some of us are. My nearest neighbor comes to visit ( riding his ATV with dog riding on the back) - his dog is most friendly - enjoys a dog bone while visiting with my little Brownie.

A note - if you do shoot the dog - DO NOT shoot him in the head. They may want to do a rabies examination and need the head intact.

/ Bad Dogs Bad Neighbor #16  
In this area "if" a dog is caught in the act of harassing livestock on the livestock owners property the dig can be shot while in the act.
But you had better be sure to get a kill shot in it. If it gets off your property you will be responsible for any and all vet bills and possibly legal action.
So trespassing dogs bothering livestock;
Shoot, Shovel, Shut-up..... the 3 S's

/ Bad Dogs Bad Neighbor #17  
Post his address here and then he can receive letters from all around the world telling him to take care of the dogs and the BS behavior or we will come after him. :)

/ Bad Dogs Bad Neighbor #18  
As many in this list have said get a lawyer. File for a restraining order.

As for the police find the most local jurisdiction you can, not the state police. If you don't know, call the County Police. They will be able to tell you in short order if they have jurisdiction and if not who does, and give you the phone number.

As for messing with the mail box, CALL the local post office or go down there and ask to talk to the local post master. He/she is the person in charge. Filing an on line complaint is likely worthless.

The protective order is another tool to help get involvement. If that order is violated it is usually a separate criminal case. You can also file something called a Rule to Show Cause if it is violated and enforce the order yourself. That judge would have the authority to throw the violator in jail. It is a lengthy process sometimes, but you have to show these jerk neighbors that you are not going to back down.

Walking over there and shooting their dogs is the last thing you want to do. If you find them on your own property that is a different story if they are harassing you, your family or your livestock.

/ Bad Dogs Bad Neighbor #19  
If you are the newbies in your local area you're starting from a handicap. If "They" are old money, or original (anything over 10 years) residents or settlers you're starting from a handicap. If They are handicapped or elderly you're starting from ... Etc (big time).
Not to say you cannot accomplish something but it will take effort, will, and strength on YOUR part. Are you willing to commit to that?
If the situation is as you have described it (you don't have to be telling us all the gory details BUT you better be honest with yourself!) then I'm betting this is not a new thing from these folks and with some perseverance you can accumulate details that will enhance your side of the dispute and scuttle theirs.

/ Bad Dogs Bad Neighbor #20  
PS. I'm not a lawyer and I'd bet nobody on this forum will admit to being one either. Having said that I recall a similar situation, back in the 80's(?), where it was mentioned that messing with the Mail was a Federal Offense.
Document EVERYTHING and consult a lawyer! Or retreat and lick your wounds.