Bad news big repair

/ Bad news big repair #161  
I've seen Hay Dude owns more than one Kubota product. But don't know if he is original owner of all that equipment or not.
He has four tractors. Doubt he needs them all running in the winter. No big urgency I suspect.

It would be crazy to spend $6000 so this one can start in the winter. If he cannot (will not?) run a block heater, he can park it until March/April.

I would put in the auxiliary GP wiring circuit others have suggested but it isn't my problem or machine. My tractor has to run in the winter, or I am snowed in. Hope my crappy LS doesn't catch the Kubota bug. But nice to know there are cheap solutions.

/ Bad news big repair #162  
Maybe. Just sales date (especially in tractor business) could be way later, than production date.
5 years would be a very long time for a Kubota to sit on a lot somewhere. I won't say that scenario is impossible but it is HIGHLY improbable.
That's a lot of coin for a dealer to be paying interest on for 4 years.

/ Bad news big repair #163  
He has four tractors. Doubt he needs them all running in the winter. No big urgency I suspect.

It would be crazy to spend $6000 so this one can start in the winter. If he cannot (will not?) run a block heater, he can park it until March/April.

I would put in the auxiliary GP wiring circuit others have suggested but it isn't my problem or machine. My tractor has to run in the winter, or I am snowed in. Hope my crappy LS doesn't catch the Kubota bug. But nice to know there are cheap solutions.
I agree with you. Just looks like he wants to solve an issue within winter time to have his machinery well working starting from next spring. Preferably according to specification and at lowest cost. And I also understand him.

/ Bad news big repair #165  
The OP has stated that he does not have a block heater and leaves the tractor in a field , where there is no electricity available. Don't know how far this field is from his nearest electrical outlet and don't know his circumstances. However I'm sure he would install a block heater and run the tractor to his nearest electrical source, if it made sense for his operations, rather than spend $6000 for a part that might not fix the issue. He could also run a generator out to his tractor but that might involve traveling back and forth long distances to get the generator running, for a few hours while he returns home and then back again to start the tractor. We don't know his circumstances. Lots of potential solutions have been offered.

In the meantime I wait to see what he comes back with. I note he hasn't replied for a while.

/ Bad news big repair #166  
Could you leave all the wiring intact and in-place and splice a hot lead from a relay/switch combo to power the glow plugs? This would rely heavily on the relays to isolate the computer, so a through study of the wiring diagram is needed.

/ Bad news big repair #167  
Throwing my $0.02 in the hat.

Leave everything intact. Disconnect GP load from relay. Wire this to another solenoid or relay with a momentary push button.

OR

Disconnect signal ground wire from GP relay. Use a momentary PB to ground relay coil. (Easiest IMHO)

Both will work.

CT

/ Bad news big repair #168  
Throwing my $0.02 in the hat.

Leave everything intact. Disconnect GP load from relay. Wire this to another solenoid or relay with a momentary push button.

OR

Disconnect signal ground wire from GP relay. Use a momentary PB to ground relay coil. (Easiest IMHO)

Both will work.

CT
Solution 1 has been offered about 25 times. Solution 2 has been offered several times as well.
For whatever reasons the OP hasn't received either well.

/ Bad news big repair #169  
I'm still stuck on a $6000 ECU... that's just predatory. Can they test your ECU to see if it's the problem?

/ Bad news big repair
Big companies really have special funds for so called "good client", who bought more than one product, was/is loyal in after sales programs, recommended the brand name to the other clients...

Sometimes it works if the machine gets expensive failure even after more than 3 years.
I have bought multiple new tractors from them, but I am well past 3 years. It’s a 2010.