Bad storms in eastern NY.[not a good week]

/ Bad storms in eastern NY.[not a good week] #1  

s1120

Veteran Member
Tractor
87 Ingersoll 444, 84 Ingersoll224/'44 GreavlyL/60'sGreavlyL/49 Ford 8N
On Monday night, my little corner of the world had some REAL bad storms. They say there were tornados, but last I knew they have not confirmed that yet. Power was out from 8:30 Monday night, till 1:30am on Wednesday morning. It has not been a good couple days. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif My new house made out OK. No damage to the house, but I did louse a lot of trees.

Attachments

• 295283-storm2.jpg
    295283-storm2.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 197
   / Bad storms in eastern NY.[not a good week]
The whole Niverville NY area was like a war zone. Trees everywhere, power poles snapped, etc. A CSX train had derailed right next to my house. They have been working on the tracks for the last two days.

Attachments

• 295285-storm.jpg
    295285-storm.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 186
The REAL bad news. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif This was my baby. It was a 1972 Ford LTD convertible. One of 4600 made... /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Attachments

• 295290-stormcar.jpg
    295290-stormcar.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 201
   / Bad storms in eastern NY.[not a good week] #4  
here in NW pa. we had some severe storms monday that took power out to a few towns has been out since then, had office today and saw 5 people that were without electricity since mon. since i have a generator i have no need to worry that the power would go out. i have outage proofed the whole neighborhood. just the mere presence of a generator has prevented power outages on my road since the generator was purchased. funny how things work that way.

water has flooded basements, i wish we could send some to those poor devils fighting the western forest fires. we have had torrential rains for the past several weeks, the ground is saturated and the rains keep coming. i also have a pump so i have flood proofed the neighborhood also. had some utility poles snap off and a few trees down in town, but no need to do any work with the chainsaw or tractor on my property. since i have the chainsaw and the tractor i have again avoided disaster.

alex

Anouther shot.. I REALY don't want to know how bad it is. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Attachments

• 295292-stormcar3.jpg
    295292-stormcar3.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 196
   / Bad storms in eastern NY.[not a good week] #6  
OH NO........... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Bad storms in eastern NY.[not a good week] #7  
Hang in there s1120. It's all just paint and metal and can be fixed. Be glad there were no people in it, right? Still doesn't make you feel any better does it. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

This cracks me up....."just the mere presence of a generator has prevented power outages on my road since the generator was purchased"....funny funny person.

/ Bad storms in eastern NY.[not a good week] #8  
I feel your pain. I'm an old car nut too, and it really hurts to see a nice old car meet it's demise. From looking at the picture, the tree limbs don't look real big. You might be pleasantly surprised when you get everything off of it. I wish you the very best, and it's little consolation, but at least you weren't sitting in it when it happened.

Good Luck /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

<font color="red">You might be pleasantly surprised when you get everything off of it. I wish you the very best </font>

Well, the top is gone, that I know. But that is not a big deal. I needed a new top, and I have anouther frame work for the top. The hood is pushed down anout three inches, and the left side head lights assambly are leaning back. Thats not good. I am thinking the grill, hood, radator suport, and headlight assambly are tost.I just hope the windsheld is good. I just fond out I am out of luck for insurance, so I guess I just have to get to work............. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif