Bagworm Tsunami

/ Bagworm Tsunami #1  

oldballs

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620 , Case 448 , Kubota B2650
I'm embarrassed to mention this problem, considering other natural disasters going on right now ....especially fires in California.....but I have never in my 50 years at this place seen Bagworms this bad. They are hanging from and sticking to everything by the thousands.

In June I sprayed some of my Cedars, which are not as infected as everything else. Oh well, Mother Nature will have her way.

Cheers,
Mike

/ Bagworm Tsunami #2  
What’s a bagworm

/ Bagworm Tsunami
I'm guessing that you don't have them up your way. Rather than try to tell/explain them to you, Vroom, I's suggest that you just Goggle it...if you don't mind.

Cheers,
Mike

/ Bagworm Tsunami #4  
What’s a bagworm
They growup in a silk tree house then when mature crawl out and damage the tree.

cyZwaWQ9QXBp

/ Bagworm Tsunami
Nah rekees..........that silk worm and the bag worm are two different creatures......If I'm not mistaken.
Cheers,
Mike

/ Bagworm Tsunami #6  
They used to be thick around here. Nothing this year and probably in recent history. I'd actually forgotten about them. I do remember that nests a few feet above my tractor's exhaust stack really get active.

/ Bagworm Tsunami #7  
The "bagworms" I'm familiar with are more like cocoons...what is pictured is what we call "tent worms"...!

/ Bagworm Tsunami #8  
We call them catapillars here, and come to think of it, I haven’t seen any of them in years.

/ Bagworm Tsunami #9  
I'm embarrassed to mention this problem, considering other natural disasters going on right now ....especially fires in California.....but I have never in my 50 years at this place seen Bagworms this bad. They are hanging from and sticking to everything by the thousands.

In June I sprayed some of my Cedars, which are not as infected as everything else. Oh well, Mother Nature will have her way.

Cheers,
Mike

I'd spray the hell out of them. Mother Nature doesn't like her trees being destroyed any more than you do.

/ Bagworm Tsunami #10  
It’s wet enough here that we burn them out if I can reach them with a long stick and a rag burning on the end.