Bait and Switch?

/ Bait and Switch? #11  
Are you saying the bottom line total cost to you is more than he quoted you by the amount of the Bush hog? Were you of the understanding that your cost was going to be the total before the Bush hog was added at the bottom? If not, he gave you a quote of the cost of equipment and adds. The quote was for your costs, not his as I see it. The I is you. It's not a contract, it's a quote, so go ahead and talk to a Lawyer and let her/him explain that part to you. There seems to be some on here that always say go see a lawyer. Hope they never want to buy anything from me.:) I believe thay are lawyers (not really or they wouldn't have told you to see a lawyer about a quote) or have family members that are lawyers.:) Could it have been written a bit more clear, yes but every quote or contract can be written a bit more clear especially when they are contested. A clear quote or contract is usually 20+ pages of very small print on front and back of paper. He told you in writing the cost of all the items and as far as I can tell from your own statements he hasn't changed any prices. He said he would try and get the Bush hog financed through Kubota and Kubota told him no. Your price hasn't changed. If he didn't make the 10% down clear then he made a mistake. If you go to another Kubota dealer the answer is going to be the same except the price may change from one dealer to another. He should have had you sign something showing you understood the down payment requirement if he explained it to you. If he didn't then your tractor dealer messed up in regards to financing. He should have also had you sign something that you understood Kubota may not finance the Bush hog. It can get to be alot of signing if everything is written and signed. Looks like it should have been now that there's confusion about the deal. Kubota will finance a Landpride and they are heavy duty mowers. I have a Landpride 6' RFM and it's a tank.

/ Bait and Switch? #12  
Messicks was writing an answer at the same time as me. I thought there was a 10% down on some Kubotas (maybe this model) and some were 0% down. Looks like Messicks will do it for you for 0% down. I also agree that $1400 chould be written in some where else to make it work. Course however they wrote it in in a creative way could have come back to bite them on the butt. Often times it did for me when I got creative on a deal just trying to get it through. Think repo time for an item that's not listed on the financing document.

/ Bait and Switch? #13  
I don't know what they may have said on the phone prior but that invoice looks as clear as a bell to me. Pay in full the bush hog with it's tax and they will finance everything else through kubota.

/ Bait and Switch? #14  
cms323,

Are you sure that doesn't say "1 pay for" i.e. "one pay for"? Sometimes I hear people use that terminology to state that you are paying for it up front in one payment. Other than that I think mswlogo is right, it looks clear to me. If you want to finance a rotary mower why not try landpride so you can roll it into 0/0/60 deal?

On a side note, without the bush hog, you're at $51,273...I think you might be able to do better than that. I recently purchased an M59 spec'd the same but with TWO quick attach rear buckets (not pin-on) and front/rear worklights for less than that. PM me if you want my dealer's name, I think he has two M59s in stock...he's only one state away. You might try Messicks too.

-Mark

/ Bait and Switch? #15  
I bought my tractor from therm and was very satisfied with the deal and the service and parts have been very good too.
The closer dealer to me I had to call 3 times to get a price and they seemed like it was an effort to give me a quote so I went to to waltz quote in 1 day delivered tractor 3 days later at my convenience.

tom

/ Bait and Switch? #16  
Stands to reason,
1* why would Kubota finance another firms sales?
Ford won't finance GM sales.
Perhaps if it were a Kubota rotary cutter they would do so, but then maybe the dealer feels the Bush Hog is a better and/or more popular product hence what he stocks.
1*That's easy:In order to make the sale on the tractor.

It sounds like he made an honest mistake.
1* A Landpride attachment would qualify for the 0% so maybe that is an option?
1*The Bush Hog rotary cutter can also be financed by Kubota ;Just not a 0 %!

Like Evil says........
1*my understanding is Kubota will finance a LandPride brush mower as the two companies have a mutual agreement.
2*As far as I know, Kubota will not finance any other manufacturers implement, leaving you to either pay on delivery or perhaps finance through your local bank (or other institution).
1*This is true.
2*This is incorrect.
Kubota Financed a new KK 48'' tiller for me the only thing was is the financing on it was not at 0% like it was on the Kubota tractor mmm and hyd front blade.

I don't know what they may have said on the phone prior but that invoice looks as clear as a bell to me. Pay in full the bush hog with it's tax and they will finance everything else through kubota.
Not how it worked in my case .
Kubota financed a package consisting of a new BX1500 with 48'' mmm new 5 foot Hyd front blade and a new KK 48'' tiller. The package also included a Used BX1500 with a 48'' used mmm.
Kubota didn't want to lose the sale of the whole package by refusing to finance the KK tiller.

/ Bait and Switch? #18  
When I purchased my L2800 I was able to include a 5' rotary cutter and 6' box blade in the 0% financing promotion they were offering at the time(July of this year). These were not Landpride attachments and were listed in the financing paperwork with Kubota Credit.

/ Bait and Switch? #19  
I had to put 10% down on both of my Kubotas, and I have perfect credit..Guess it's so you have some skin in the game.

/ Bait and Switch? #20  
Not how it worked in my case .
Kubota financed a package consisting of a new BX1500 with 48'' mmm new 5 foot Hyd front blade and a new KK 48'' tiller. The package also included a Used BX1500 with a 48'' used mmm.
Kubota didn't want to lose the sale of the whole package by refusing to finance the KK tiller.

All I said is the invoice was clear.

Did they give you 0% finance on everything?