bale spear attachment to forklift frame

/ bale spear attachment to forklift frame #1  

panampefa

Tractor
Kioti RX-7320 / DK-45 -- IH-4000 & IH5000 Self-Propelled Windrower
Any one have any experience using a bale spear attachment product that interchanges w. the forks on a pallet fork frame.
My main question is the stability factor. I can't go look at these anywhere.
The one I'm looking at in particular is one built for Bobcat pallet fork frames.
Here is the web link..

Last edited:
   / bale spear attachment to forklift frame #2  
That seems like an absurd amount of money for what it is. Lots of fork frames for tractors/skidsteers already have bale spear sleeves welded on to them, but those are at fixed width, not adjustable like the forks themselves. I figure that's ok because guess what's also at a fixed width.. the bales!!

If you are ok with fixed width i would seriously consider just welding the bale sleeves to your existing fork carriage. As long as you have more depth available than the sleeve is long, and access on the backside to remove the nut when you take the bale spears out, it is a much cheaper and simpler solution than having what is essentially a 2" bale sleeve with 16" worth of fork mounting base on it. My .02

/ bale spear attachment to forklift frame #3  
while not liked by everyone. titan makes a inexpensive setup that also has a area for trailer receiver. so you can move your trailers around with it.

/ bale spear attachment to forklift frame #4  
while not liked by everyone. titan makes a inexpensive setup that also has a area for trailer receiver. so you can move your trailers around with it.
I have the Titan forks with the spear receiver welded on. While not the most convenient option to install and remove the forks to use the spear, it's a well built setup.

I purchased the spear from vevor.com later. I think its the same one Titan sells. (Note - the one I bought from vevor came with the sleeve you could weld to the fork frame if you already have one)

/ bale spear attachment to forklift frame #5  
Any one have any experience using a bale spear attachment product that interchanges w. the forks on a pallet fork frame.
My main question is the stability factor. I can't go look at these anywhere.
The one I'm looking at in particular is one build for Bobcat pallet fork frames.
Here is the web link..

How many bales a year are you moving? What size/weight?

/ bale spear attachment to forklift frame #6  
I ask because unless you are moving multiple bales a day or have really uneven ground pallet forks (4 ft length) are just fine. I moved 50 or so bales in no time with pallet forks a couple of years ago. You get good at it....and one less attachment to deal with.

/ bale spear attachment to forklift frame #7  
I do and my 'set-up' is very stable as the spears are mounted low... which means I can carry them low and it's very easy to 'flip' the rounds onto the end.

The ones that you're looking at would be too high for my taste/experience.

IMG_0189.JPG
IMG_0190.JPG

/ bale spear attachment to forklift frame
   / bale spear attachment to forklift frame #9  
If you are ok with fixed width i would seriously consider just welding the bale sleeves to your existing fork carriage. As long as you have more depth available than the sleeve is long, and access on the backside to remove the nut when you take the bale spears out, it is a much cheaper and simpler solution than having what is essentially a 2" bale sleeve with 16" worth of fork mounting base on it. My .02
I'd agree. OP, I can weld them for you if you don't have the capability. I'm not too far away. This company, Hay Bale Spear 39" CrossBolt 1 5/8" Dia Heat Treated Fluted makes good stuff.

/ bale spear attachment to forklift frame #10  
Think I was into this one about $175. Worked great, haven't used it in a while because I started baling my own and only do squares for now.

1680626797864.png