bale spear attachment to forklift frame

/ bale spear attachment to forklift frame #12  
300-400 bales at 800 lbs ea.
Thats barely 1 a day. Just use pallet forks In my opinion…unless you have really uneven ground to work with.

If you already have pallet forks…give it a try for a year. Then you will know if you need a spear or not.

/ bale spear attachment to forklift frame #13  
Thats barely 1 a day. Just use pallet forks In my opinion…unless you have really uneven ground to work with.

If you already have pallet forks…give it a try for a year. Then you will know if you need a spear or not.
Pallet forks are tough to use unloading and loading a trailer. If you are just picking them up from the ground, then they will work ok.

I bought my spear after having to unload a 20 bales from a trailer. The spear is way easier.

/ bale spear attachment to forklift frame
Pallet forks are tough to use unloading and loading a trailer. If you are just picking them up from the ground, then they will work ok.

I bought my spear after having to unload a 20 bales from a trailer. The spear is way easier.
yes I agree ... kind of a pain to load round bales on a tractor trailer with forks. I load my hay harvest (~ 300-400 round bales) all at once once the hauling trailer is in the field ... the hauling trailer carries 14 round bales at a time so stacking/strapping for road hauling is important. Additionally, w/ a double spear spaced correctly, I can lift (and transport across the field for loading) 2 bales at a time. That was the purpose my main question regarding stability of spears on a pallet fork frame (i.e not the welded on application). I'll likely go the traditional separate attachment route as I don't think welding on the spear receptacle would apply very easily to the bottom frame rail my brand pallet fork (Virnig - see image)..
...and TY BlueKnife for you kind offer of your welding services!

Attachments

• virnig.jpg
    virnig.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
   / bale spear attachment to forklift frame #15  

I agree there, but we don't really load on trailers. We bale it and move it from field to storage (on same property). I guess it depends on what OP needs to do.

/ bale spear attachment to forklift frame #16  
I'll likely go the traditional separate attachment route as I don't think welding on the spear receptacle would apply very easily to the bottom frame rail my brand pallet fork (Virnig - see image)..
...and TY BlueKnife for you kind offer of your welding services!
Good call. Much quicker and simpler switching implements.