Ballast box quick hitch compatible

/ Ballast box quick hitch compatible #1  

Cranblue

Silver Member
Tractor
KubotaL4701
Have a Kubota 4701 2019 purchased with a back hoe that痴 around 2100 lbs with 2ft tooth bucket well took back hoe off bought quick qh15 put 6ft box blade land pride works awesome love the quick hitch. Went to dealer to buy a land pride Ballast box and it痴 not Quick hitch compatible from Land Pride I知 like WTF in this day in age ??? I also see most Ballast boxes are 800-1000 lb weight taken off 2k bh95 back hoe seems like I would want to stay close to that ??? My tires are not filled and running are yard I would probably like to stay empty bought may need to to balance front end ??? I can稚 imagine I知 the first with this situation!!!! Apparently JDs ballast boxes are QH ready from factory but I bet most expensive if anybody knows of aftermarket brands or ways they modified Ballast boxes the info would be greatly appreciated.

/ Ballast box quick hitch compatible #2  
Just build one to match QH dimensions and your weight specifics... There is several threads on forum about ballast boxes... I just fabricated one out of scrap/scrounged materials and fill it with concrete....

Ballast box.jpg

Mine is about 600 pounds, and 2x2x1ft or 4 cubic feet, and concrete weighs in about 150lbs per cubic foot... But i have small SCUT and the 600lbs. (+/-) is sufficient for my needs...

You can probably can make one a lot cheaper than purchasing a box then having to fill it.... Many build plywood form, and just stick out attachment points and fill with concrete...

Dale

/ Ballast box quick hitch compatible #3  
Titan ballast boxes are quick hitch ready and used to be fairly cheap (China) when I got mine a couple years ago, no idea what they cost now.

Attachments

• IMG_20180827_151455134.jpg
    IMG_20180827_151455134.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 190
   / Ballast box quick hitch compatible #4  
Many posters here have built their own and filled them with concrete.
Another option would be to build a frame and purchase front end weights to hang on the rear rack.
Some times front weighs can be found reasonably used.

/ Ballast box quick hitch compatible #5  
I built a set of forms around some steel and the had the local concrete place fill it. The concrete is 24" front to back and the pins are 4" in so most hangs out beyond the 3 point. Check out lots of photos on the discussion " Let's see some homemade ballasts" https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=394908
You are wondering about weight on your L4701. I waffled on weight and went with 1300 lbs on my DK5010. Once I removed the forms and looked at it I figured it was way too heavy. Nope, would have been happy with 1600lbs. That said, at 1300, the tractor squats a bit and feels much more stable. Great traction on my slopes!

Definitely get or build something soon.

/ Ballast box quick hitch compatible #6  
I had trouble with titan implements grapple on my tractor I picked up a log about 25 feet long the back tires came off the ground when I turned and had the log sticking out the side uneven so I took a little garden tractor 10 cubic yard trailer and put on my carry all and put 10 60# bags of ready mix concrete in it.it works great the carry all cost me 60 dollars and the trailer was 20 at a yard sale.i took the wheels off it just use it as a concrete form.it works great no more butt pucker.

/ Ballast box quick hitch compatible
Well went with Titian Cat 2 ballast box like $420.00 bucks have the QH 15 hitch box needed just a little tweaking left bottom lift pins pointing in only way they would work for spacing on hitch.Had to grind a little on top edge of box where top hook on QH was just rubbing a little after that it痴 good to go !!! Box took 11 80lbs bags of concrete I知 estimating weight about 1170 lbs should be enough to ballast L4701 loader if not I値l go wheel weight or add bracket to box and hang suit case weights on ballast box.

/ Ballast box quick hitch compatible #8  
Great job. I bet you feel more stable.