Ballast Box

/ Ballast Box #11  
Correct. When I had the eMax25 I made a box that held 300lbs of lead blocks. That with filled tires was great.

The new to me Max26 has a backhoe. There's my ballast. The previous owner filled the tires but I'm considering draining them.
Do you ever take the backhoe off?

/ Ballast Box #13  
There's a number of sources for Ballast Boxes...and consider Craigslist too (which is where I found mine, a John Deere box with 600-700 pounds of sand).
If you're not using a quickhitch, you probably won't need the Cat-1 to Cat-2 bushings. You probably will need them if you purchase a QH at some point.

/ Ballast Box #14  
No, never taking the FEL or BH off. Those are my main tools. I don't even have a scrape blade anymore.
I’d probably leave the fluid in . Every little bit helps on those little tractors and filled tires will help with stability also

/ Ballast Box #15  
I’d probably leave the fluid in . Every little bit helps on those little tractors and filled tires will help with stability also
Probably correct, but if the BH owner's manual is available, it may advise against filling the rear tires

/ Ballast Box #16  
I have a backhoe and filled tires. I'll never NOT have filled tires again.

/ Ballast Box #17  
Hi Everyone,
I am looking for a Ballast Box for my Emax20S HST. It has the cat 1 N 3PH
Thank You,
Rick
Hi Hazel,

I notice your location says you live in Maine.

There's a guy in Hermon who sells concrete ballast blocks with built-in 2" receiver hitches. They come in various sizes from 400-1300 lbs. and cost $250-400.

I bought the 1300lb. block for my Mahindra 4540 and really like it. My father bought a matching one for his JD after seeing mine.

He's had ads up on Craigslist for a while, but I can't find it at the moment. If you're interested message me and I'll share the guys info with you.

/ Ballast Box
Good Morning Woodstock Walt,
Thank you very much for the information however, I purchased a Heavy Hitch receiver with Suitcase Weights.