• No

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Who are we talking about?

Votes: 43 56.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Banning a member #262  
I've spent quite a bit of time in much more unsavory parts of the internet, and by that I mean forums where unless you were breaking the law, it was no holds barred.

What it really boiled down to was when there was umbrage it came down to two people having a verbal tennis match while the rest of the thread goaded them on for the entertainment sake. Otherwise, you were free to state your opinion and get "lol no one cares *Slur removed*. "

Let me know when the beer meetup is, I'll bring some whiskey and firewood.

/ Banning a member #263  
Well, part of this is the 'sacred cow' thing. Like it or not, everyone has certain things that are non-arguable to them. It might be politics, religion, environmental, immigration, whatever; and as soon as that comes up, they get very aggressively defensive. Probelm is, most of the time, you dont really mean to insult their sacred cow, but once you do, it's on. In our normal life, most of us probably live, work, speak, with people of the same race/nationality/politics/world perspective/religion. Online, that's not the case. We probably have a New Zealand weed farmer, a militant environmental person, a Baptist preacher, and a city councilman, all on the same thread.
Yep. I can talk about my Mama/sister/kids but you had better not. 😂

/ Banning a member #264  
We proved it does, very, very painfully.
It's a sugar created as part of the process, and since it's not derived from dairy.......

Lactose is added to pills as a filler, and some luncheon meats as a sweetener.

Ales, pilsners, IPAs, all work fine though !

So you know for sure that Guinness Beers is putting ingredients into their beer that they specifically state they are not?

/ Banning a member #266  
I see stouts labeled as milk stout, but Guinness doesn’t label that way. So?
kenmbz is making the statement that Guinness Beer has lactose in it when Guinness makes the point that it does not.

Guinness Stout/Draught/Foreign Extra is lactose-free. Lactose shows up in a style of beer called Milk/Sweet Stout. Guinness is a dry stout/foreign extra stout.

You also see lactose added to some beers these days like an IPA, and most breweries are kind enough to let you know because those are usually pretty off-the-beaten-path type creations.

/ Banning a member #267  
Probably the smart forum members who are just here to talk about tractors etc.
Those guys only show up to ask a question or answer one and then are back out in the ship or the field. I can use AI if all I want is an answer. To each his own, I guess.

I had another alternative to banning... @Ibrahim can make it so those guys just get ads so much that they take their 'business' elsewhere. (Remember, we need to stay on topic)

/ Banning a member #268  
Those guys only show up to ask a question or answer one and then are back out in the ship or the field. I can use AI if all I want is an answer. To each his own, I guess.

I had another alternative to banning... @Ibrahim can make it so those guys just get ads so much that they take their 'business' elsewhere. (Remember, we need to stay on topic)
Which topic?

Status
Not open for further replies.