Barn door wider now for tractor

/ Barn door wider now for tractor #11  
Are you going to keep us in suspense for 14 days? Not even a hint?

/ Barn door wider now for tractor #12  
Are you going to keep us in suspense for 14 days? Not even a hint?

/ Barn door wider now for tractor #13  
ON doors in general.

Garage. I rebuilt the entire front of my 2-car garage a few years ago to get rid of the sliding doors. I put in an 8' overhead. DUMB MOVE. I have been kicking my rear ever since for not putting in a 9'.

Shed. Bought a rider mower about 4 years ago. Shed had a 3' tall X 6" thick concrete kneewall with a 32" in door through it. Mower was a 42" cut soooo...rental of a big concrete saw, rebuild the entire 20' framing for the front wall (some was rotted), and a month later had a place for my new rider. Too bad my calculations erred somewhere. I was aiming for a door wide enough for a 48" cut mower, wound up with a 44" one somehow. MEASURE TWICE, CUT ONCE!

Harry K

/ Barn door wider now for tractor #14  
ON doors in general.

Garage. I rebuilt the entire front of my 2-car garage a few years ago to get rid of the sliding doors. I put in an 8' overhead. DUMB MOVE. I have been kicking my rear ever since for not putting in a 9'.

Shed. Bought a rider mower about 4 years ago. Shed had a 3' tall X 6" thick concrete kneewall with a 32" in door through it. Mower was a 42" cut soooo...rental of a big concrete saw, rebuild the entire 20' framing for the front wall (some was rotted), and a month later had a place for my new rider. Too bad my calculations erred somewhere. I was aiming for a door wide enough for a 48" cut mower, wound up with a 44" one somehow. MEASURE TWICE, CUT ONCE!

Harry K

/ Barn door wider now for tractor #15  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Just poured a new floor, with fiber mesh in the mix and reinforcing wire. The tractor will fit into the garage! I have assumed that my 4 inch thick garage floor would handle the weight of a tractor. Will it??????????
Bob )</font>

Bob,

4 inches is plenty thick for parking your tractor on.

I have a parking pad that came about by accident when the cement trucks delivering the mix for my home had 4 extra yards. I just had them dump it where we park and smoothed it out. No rebar, wire or anything.

I put my 14,000 backhoe on it all the time.

The most important thing to keep your pad from cracking is to pour it on a solid base. If your dirt settles or moves underneath, then you risk cracking. The reinforcement is to handle spreading the load out over a larger area to avoid putting all the preasure on the areas the settle or move.

Eddie

/ Barn door wider now for tractor #16  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Just poured a new floor, with fiber mesh in the mix and reinforcing wire. The tractor will fit into the garage! I have assumed that my 4 inch thick garage floor would handle the weight of a tractor. Will it??????????
Bob )</font>

Bob,

4 inches is plenty thick for parking your tractor on.

I have a parking pad that came about by accident when the cement trucks delivering the mix for my home had 4 extra yards. I just had them dump it where we park and smoothed it out. No rebar, wire or anything.

I put my 14,000 backhoe on it all the time.

The most important thing to keep your pad from cracking is to pour it on a solid base. If your dirt settles or moves underneath, then you risk cracking. The reinforcement is to handle spreading the load out over a larger area to avoid putting all the preasure on the areas the settle or move.

Eddie

/ Barn door wider now for tractor #17  
My 20HP massey will fit in a 4' wide opening, but it's shed has an 8' door. Am building a barn now to hold the L3130. It's been outside too long. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Barn door wider now for tractor #18  
Initially, I parked my 4010 with its 53" bucket in the basement of my carriage house, because the Gravely wouldn't be able to climb the hill up to the driveway in the snow. There are two 36" doors down there that I could drive it through. Its non-folding ROPS fit fine underneath the doors. I occasionally drive it down there now (with the Gravely sold) to connect up some implements stored there.

Now, the JD goes through my 8' wide garage door. Had to raise it to its full height by adjusting the L bracket on the door up another couple bolt holes.

That was one of my criteria in buying a tractor: that it fit with non-folding ROPS underneath the doors. Knew I'd probably forget to fold them sometime.

Ralph