barn finally got concrete

/ barn finally got concrete #11  
What kind of sealer are you going to use? My 30X40X12 floor is about two months old and I want to seal it.

/ barn finally got concrete #13  
That looks pretty darn good! As a summer job i help my Grandpa and uncles build pole barns so i definatly know how much work it takes to actually build barns. Great job!

/ barn finally got concrete
What kind of sealer are you going to use? My 30X40X12 floor is about two months old and I want to seal it.

Vocomp-20 it's a Curer / sealer. Got it at the local brick / concrete supply company. It can go on immediate after the water has evaporated and you can walk on the concrete. HD also sells a concrete sealer, and a curer/sealer.

applied 2 coats of the curer/sealer. It said it would cover up to 300sf per gallon, so I bought a 5 gal bucket and an extra 1 gal jug. It only took about 2.5 gal for the 2 coats, but it's all I'm doing. I still need to fill the control joints with a caulk.

Added a couple other pictures from construction, one is using the tractor to set the roof trusses, and one putting on the roof metal.

Attachments

• sealedbarnfloor.jpg
    sealedbarnfloor.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 125
  • barntruss.jpg
    barntruss.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 163
  • barnroofinstall.jpg
    barnroofinstall.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 128
   / barn finally got concrete #17  

Thats where I got my barn from. Awesome company to work with. The metal flashign that they bent up for me was top notch. I loved them so much I just had another building priced up. Thinking about adding another garage to my property. Will do buisness with them in the future. Make sure you order a 12 foot wide door. My kit came with a 10 foot and its a pain. Wish I would have gotten a wider door. oh well you live and you learn.

/ barn finally got concrete #18  
My next barn will have BIG doors along both of the long sides. I tend to fill my barn with rolling "tools", & it'd be nice not to have to roll 2 or 3 tools out of the way to get another tool out. (By tools, I'm talking Kawasaki Mule, boat, tractor, riding lawn mower, truck, cement mixer, etc.; "Tools", "toys", whatever, it's all in how you describe how you use it. "I endeavored to perform an aquatic investigation expedition this fine day" means "We all went boating today & had some cold ones!")

And if I was rich every one of those big doors would have an opener! Press a button, ride your toy right out! :drool:

If I were to build another one, I would go with at least 12' wide door on each end. I did all 10' wide, one on one end and two on the other end.