barn find ts 1610 rear arm question

/ barn find ts 1610 rear arm question #1  

andyj007

Tractor
ts1610
Hi guys, first time poster,
ive acquired a 1610 thats been hardly used and stored in a barn on a small holding.. its a very very clean machine, i will get some pictures later today ..
it looks to be in great condition, bar badly perished front tyres, ..
its starts ok, but lazy, im guessing it needs new glow plugs and it chugs for 10 seconds or o before catching.. once warm it fires back up fine..
ive no operators manual just the parts manual ive forum on iseki website..

pto works spins ok, but i cannot lower or raise the rear control arms, there is a lever on the rhs of the seat which i guess should lower and raise the rear arms depending on where it is positioned but i get no movement what so ever.. there is also a knob that turns in and out iust in front of the arms which i guess is something to do with the hydraulics.. ive tried it wound in or wound out.. but still no operation at all..

what do the cleaver people on here advise could be the problem?

also if i keep teh little tractor i would like to if possible add a hydraulic take off if thats possible to raise and lower a small tipping trailer..

thank you

/ barn find ts 1610 rear arm question
thanks guys, am just digging it out the barn now will get it home and get some pics up
so basically if engine is running and the screw in screw out hand valve is out/open the lever beside the seat shoul raise and lower the botom rear links. if that the case then somethings defo up..

great looking machines got to say...

Wow, nice to meet you too.. Ive not had a tractor before so apologies if i do not know the correct terminology, hence my asking for help..
i think every one who reads would know what i was actually referring to. its certainly wont be my last mistake.. if thats going to be a problem then id rather not be on here with someone being so pedantic .
lifes to short

any way moving on for those that actually want to help and are interested in my tractor rather than my "nomenclature"
IMG_4692.JPG
IMG_4694.JPGIMG_4695.JPGIMG_4693.JPG
IMG_4698.JPGIMG_4699.JPGIMG_4701.JPGIMG_4697.JPG

/ barn find ts 1610 rear arm question #5  
Nice looking little tractor, hope you can get every thing on it figured out.
It is possible that your lift arms are stuck in the lifted position.
I don't know anything about the Iseki tractors.
That said I would make sure than any control knob are screwed out to at least the halfway position,
place the lever on the right side most of the way forward (down) then carefully put some weight on the lift arms and see if you can get them to drop.
Many times lift arms will get stuck in raised position.
I don't know were you are located but I'd say one of the first things to do would be to find an operators manual for your tractor.
It may answer many of your questions.
Also, it helps to just ignore some posters, even though they may have a small amount of good information in their post,
much of it is just bull.

will try that, L ouny, thanks, i will drop the hydraulic fluid and filter, it may be blocked.. ive found a manual online, but the sites require credit cards to read which looks a little odd, not sure i trust the sites, will see if theres an actual one to buy

/ barn find ts 1610 rear arm question #7  
While doing the hydro filter pick up a new fuel filter for the engine.. old diesel can be the cause of the slow start. I'd dump the old fuel flush lines/tank and refill with fresh fuel with a new filter.
Might as well do engine oil and filter too...
Start with all fresh fluids

/ barn find ts 1610 rear arm question #8  
will try that, L ouny, thanks, i will drop the hydraulic fluid and filter, it may be blocked.. ive found a manual online, but the sites require credit cards to read which looks a little odd, not sure i trust the sites, will see if theres an actual one to buy

Please enter your general location/country in your profile.
It may help us, to help you.

Thank you, i have updated my profile with some info.. im quite a distance over the pond :) Ive added a fluid change and filter change to my do list.. & will order some bits next week.. im pretty sure it will be something simple like that (fingers crossed) as the tractor looks to be in super condition, possible it has been restored at some point to a good standard.. .. ,as far as im aware was working fine when it was last used.. although some time ago