Basics on making up steel tubes with JIC ends

/ Basics on making up steel tubes with JIC ends #11  
I'm interested in this topic as well. My interest is not so much on alternate sized fittings, but in what tooling to use to flare stainless tubing? Most stuff I've seen does not seem geared to stainless lines. And some specifically say not to use on stainless.

I would love to replace a few rubber lines with stainless on my home brew rear remote valves. It would really tidy up the installation. Ditto the front 3rd function. It would be nice to make it look more factory.

/ Basics on making up steel tubes with JIC ends #12  
I'm interested in this topic as well. My interest is not so much on alternate sized fittings, but in what tooling to use to flare stainless tubing? Most stuff I've seen does not seem geared to stainless lines. And some specifically say not to use on stainless.

I would love to replace a few rubber lines with stainless on my home brew rear remote valves. It would really tidy up the installation. Ditto the front 3rd function. It would be nice to make it look more factory.
For flaring you would it is common to use a Ridgid 377 or Imperial 447 or 537. The Imperials are rated for a heavier wall than the Ridgid.
For bending there are more options but Imperial 564, Ridgid 600 or 3?8, and Parker all offer tools. The larger stuff 5/8" and 3/4" requires geared benders like the Ridgid 358, 368, 378 benders.

/ Basics on making up steel tubes with JIC ends
For flaring you would it is common to use a Ridgid 377 or Imperial 447 or 537. The Imperials are rated for a heavier wall than the Ridgid.
For bending there are more options but Imperial 564, Ridgid 600 or 3?8, and Parker all offer tools. The larger stuff 5/8" and 3/4" requires geared benders like the Ridgid 358, 368, 378 benders.

I've been on the hunt for Ridgid 377. I see lots of lookalikes on Amazon. Think they are any good?

Some say stainless needs to be annealed before flaring or it will probably split. Is this wise and how would one go about doing that?

/ Basics on making up steel tubes with JIC ends #14  
If you are wanting to flare SS tubing it will need to be seamless,
welded seam tends to crack in the weld.
Also do not use tubing cutters to cut the tubing, tube cutters will work harden the tubing.
A very fine tooth hack saw or cut off saw, you used to be able to get what amount to little
miter boxes to hold tubing square and have a saw guide while cutting it.
I see that the saw guide and benders to 1/2 inch are here still;
Tubing and Tube Accessories | Swagelok

And Ridgid has benders and flaring tools;
Bending Tools | RIDGID Tools

Flareing will also require lubricating the inside end of the tubing with wax or anti-seize or grease