Basketball goal attachment

/ Basketball goal attachment
Depending upon the demographics of your area that goal could attract the wrong type of people.
That's why I don't just auger a hole and set in the ground with concrete. I want to reserve the option to put it away. Much more effective than shaking sticks at people who know you won't hit them or you'll go to jail.

/ Basketball goal attachment
running into the backstop support pole during intense games. All of us did at one time or another.

The way this goal is designed, the pole is anchored at the back of the base and comes forward at a good angle, supported by legs at the front of the base. Then the dimensions of the linkages in the top correct for the error induced by the tilted pole.

I think this makes it a good candidate for a design change which addresses the problem you identified. With a heavy enough ballast, that pole could be anchored at the front of the base instead of the back, taking the pole obstacle out of the picture for all except those absolutely determined to hit it by running an additional 4 or 5 steps beyond the backboard.

Toddler drawing for reference:
Screenshot_20230117-111040_Samsung Notes.jpg

/ Basketball goal attachment #23  
Me and my grandpa, 1986.
View attachment 779644

back of pickups, check. Sitting behind the wheel of my grandma's Lincoln boat in her lap while she drove, letting me pretend I was the one driving. Never rode on a back dash though.

Yep.

I can't speak for anyone else but "the wrong kind of people" in my book are:
  1. Kids who shriek and scream like they're being simultaneously burned and flayed alive in response to the smallest excitement.
  2. People who don't respect other people's property. (Damaging my goal, leaving trash behind)
  3. Anyone who doesn't have the understanding about the purpose of night/day as I do.
  4. Anyone who might bring alcohol or substances.
NIce picture! (y)

Before seat belt laws, I let my less than 2 year old daughter drive our van conversion around in the state park. She'd stand on the seat between my legs and steer. I'd control the brakes and gas. She'd slowly swerve back and forth at a whopping 10mph. I'd say this way, that way, and she'd steer. We had my wife's folks in the back seats and they were laughing. Ahhh... good times.

/ Basketball goal attachment #24  
The way this goal is designed, the pole is anchored at the back of the base and comes forward at a good angle, supported by legs at the front of the base. Then the dimensions of the linkages in the top correct for the error induced by the tilted pole.

I think this makes it a good candidate for a design change which addresses the problem you identified. With a heavy enough ballast, that pole could be anchored at the front of the base instead of the back, taking the pole obstacle out of the picture for all except those absolutely determined to hit it by running an additional 4 or 5 steps beyond the backboard.

Toddler drawing for reference:
View attachment 779645
A1A9BABC-06FC-4427-BB71-A3CBB7F334D4.jpeg

/ Basketball goal attachment #29  
A basketball goal on a FEL definitely needs a SSQA mount, right? Oh, and must be self-leveling!

/ Basketball goal attachment #30  
Depending upon the demographics of your area that goal could attract the wrong type of people.
I think if hes calling it a "goal" hes for enough out to not get those type of people. Typicaly there called a basket ball hoop.