Batteries -- what is the dif?

/ Batteries -- what is the dif? #61  
No. My garage doesn't have electricity. I know there are solar trickle chargers but I don't have much faith in them.
Just bought my first solar one I'm interested to see how well it's going to work for my pontoon starting and trolling motor batteries. I can respond to this thread in 6 months, lol

/ Batteries -- what is the dif? #62  
Now that there is corrosion in amidst the copper strands, it is worrysome. I don't really want to undo all the OEM loom and tye wraps back to the starter. Pet peeve of mine, owner (or worse, mechanic) repaired wiring. I wish I could find a battery clamp with set screws. Then heat shrink it.

/ Batteries -- what is the dif? #63  
I replace the starting batteries in my tractors every 5 years, I consider them a consumable item and I use the largest flooded cell batteries that will fit in the allotted space. In my case, I'm using 1200 CCA flooded cell Interstates. Every time I replace the batteries, I remove the frame ground lug and clean it and the frame and apply di-electric grease. Do the same with the terminals and brighten the battery posts and grease them as well.

Don't care how cold it gets, my units start right up.

/ Batteries -- what is the dif? #64  
Starting batteries in tractors especially, have to be the most neglected item there is.... until they fail and they all do eventually.